Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C 9 months 3 weeks ago #1

• duracel3634
  • duracel3634's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
The New Renault Austral is now available to order in the UK, who will get one?

This car is suggested to be the replacement for the Kadjar and I had a quick look at one on Saturday as I am due to have one as a company car, hopefully in September/October.

If there is enough demand, Vote on Front Page of this site, I might start a Forum for that car as well.

2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by duracel3634.

Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C 9 months 1 week ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Car officially ordered by the leasing company with Renault today, delivery about 16 weeks
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06

Renault Austral 8 months 3 weeks ago #3

• AUkadjhelp
  • Thank you received: 0
Nice, it should be great. I think it's such a downright shame Renault is basically starting with a clean slate again in the midsize SUV segment. What was the point of building up the Kadjar name since 2015 just to throw it all in the bin, hurting some Kadjar owners in the process. I hope they don't make the experience harder by failing to provide spare parts into the foreseeable future, particularly given the last demonstrators are still being cleared from dealerships. Kadjar was once a top 10 SUV in Europe and they've carried over the exact same 1.3L engine into the Austral, but I really think they lost an opportunity during the 2018 facelift to give the dash a bigger update - even just a larger portrait screen sitting higher up would've done it. I reckon it (and the styling of the whole Renault family) was so much more handsome around 2016-2020, especially the last Espace, the most elegant MPV ever made instead of the new SUV incarnation.

Anyway, maybe I feel particularly resentful because Renault Australia abandoned the Kadjar after only a year on sale ( they imported 632  and aren't even bringing the Austral here 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

). They've made some frustrating decisions. I'm sure you'll get a great experience out of the Austral, the openR Link system with Google software looks amazing.

Renault Austral 8 months 3 weeks ago #4

• AUkadjhelp
Seems my reply went missing. Anyway, just wanted to say you enjoy it. I'm a little peeved Renault dropped the Kadjar name but that's history now. Shame because it was such a handsome and sharply-priced SUV.

Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C 8 months 3 weeks ago #5

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Thank you very much, latest delivery looks like  November/December after a bit of a balls up ordering by the leasing company with Renault !

Totally agree, it is a shame the Kadjar was discontinued, I will keep mine for another 3 to 4 years then, with the wife, go down to one new car between us when she sells her Captur purchased last year.

Renault Austral 8 months 2 weeks ago #6

• AUkadjhelp
I really like the Captur. Being only 100kg lighter than the Kadjar, I wonder how they made it 1 second faster 0-100 km/h with the same 1.3L engine.
That wait really isn't too bad. Renault doesn't care about us here so we've had the introduction of models delayed many times . That's not the way to grow your market share and instil confidence, to say the least.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds