Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Consumption 5 months 1 week ago #13

• duracel3634
  • duracel3634's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
So I have done 2 petrol consumption tests, the car was reporting a running consumption of 52 - 54 mpg on both however the first calculation of fuel added against miles done resulted in 47.4 mpg and the second at 47.15 mpg.

The first element was commuting which was 'A' Roads and Country Roads along with a little town driving in Brighton.
The second fill was as a result of 90% Motorway or 'A' Road duel carriageways at mostly 70 mph

All the driving was done in Comfort Mode, so the next check will be in the dreaded Eco Mode -

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

, using my commuting routes.

Whilst the MPG is not out of this world, I am pleased to see it is reasonably consistent with the 2 different areas that have been sampled.

The seats are quite firm, not sure whether this applies to all models, however, there is good lumber support for the driver's seat.  Unfortunately, lumber support is not available for the passenger seat so some other option would be required if this is a problem.

Played with the massage option, only available to the driver, 3 functions are available,  all quite interesting.

There is road, engine and wind noise, I would suggest all quieter than the Kadjar.

Had a play with the Adaptive Cruise Control on a reasonably busy Motorway, which was an experience that I have never had before, but very positive thoughts, a couple of glitches which I will chalk up to user error.

2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: AUkadjhelp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C 1 month 3 weeks ago #14

• duracel3634
  • duracel3634's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Have carried out more consumption tests and have broken the 50 mpg in the range of 50 - 52.5 MPG in Comfort mode and monitoring the circular ECO guide on the dash.  This is mainly commuting on various types of roads and driving in a manner I am not used to, basically driving like a learner!

The car reports that the faster time but longer route to work, about 47 miles, 20 miles of that is on electric.  The slightly shorter distance, 45 miles, but longer time route home, longer because of the type of roads and speed restrictions, the car reports 22 - 23 miles on electric.

I have noted that when driving over 55 MPH, and especially at 70 MPH, the consumption noticeably goes up but below these speeds very good compared to my Petrol Kadjar.

The fuel consumption displayed by the car when I fill up is 3 - 4 MPG better than manually calculated.

Electric driving observations, consume more when going uphill, no surprise there, and hard acceleration. On the flat good and downhill even better, obviously.

The handling of the car with the rear steering set to MAX is very good, nice turning circle but a word of warning, if you are driving on country lanes, accelerating very hard to pass the car in front, you will be fighting the steering to keep your line on the road as the steering reacts very quickly to the slightest adjustment, a bit like a rally car.

There is already a recall on the car to do with the easy entry front seat position, I believe it goes back too far impacting on rear seat passenger's comfort.

There have been a couple of quirks, example HUD had moved position by a lot overnight when parked, put it back to where I like it and has been ok since, sometimes when adjusting the speed limiter from 30 to 40 and accelerating it feels like the car is fighting to stay at 30 but does allow me to go to 40, is fix, put limiter in standby and re-engage it works fine, really random as to when it happens.

I will be back with something else in the future.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: AUkadjhelp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds