Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
This Category is specifically for the engine 1.2 TCE as there seems to be a suggestion that there may be a floor with the design.

Boyko has made the suggestion that there is a more dedicated thread for all things relating to this Engine, so here it is starting with the email he sent me.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Whistling sound when accelerating up through the gears... Need Help 3 years 7 months ago #1

• MrBWILKES100
  • MrBWILKES100's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi all
I have just joined this forum and could really do with some help. I recently bought a used 16 plate Kadjar back in January and have nothing but bad luck with it so far. Several trips back to dealership to get damage on the car repaired which the dealership didn't notice when they passed it over to me.
But, my biggest concern was when I took it home, during the first few days I noticed that every time I accelerated up through the gears, I noticed this low pitch whining / whistling sound. Since then the sound has been getting louder and is constantly there in the background when driving above 3rd gear. I have posted this on a few social media Kadjar groups where mostly people have replied saying it's the turbo waste gate sound, (completely normal), but im reaching out here as the sound is just so loud and annoying. I cant see how this sound would be normal. I cant drive with the windows open or the radio off as the whistling is so noticeable and irritating. I did a bit of looking around on line, and have seen lots of references to leaky pipes, vacuum leaks, intake hoses etc. So, Renault took my car back in Feb and said they looked at the turbo and that they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Sine, then I have asked for it to be looked at again. Second option is to go somewhere else and get a second opinion. I have never owned a car with a turbo before, so it could just be that I am not use to this sound. I have listened to other Kadjars pass me on the road, and non make this sound.

I feel like im going crazy. I have added a youtube link where I have uploaded the sound when the car is stationary and I simply rev the engine, (the sound is at the end of each rev). I am really hoping someone can give me some advice on here. Thank you in advance
The following user(s) said Thank You: xaviat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Whistling sound when accelerating up through the gears... Need Help 3 years 1 month ago #2

• SMiLEYSMiLE
  • Thank you received: 1
Broke down on motorway.
Loss of power then clanking noise from engine bay. Red stop light came on so pulled over to hard shoulder. Had to pay £144 for recovery truck to take car to Renault in Cardiff. £99 for investigation by Renault. So how much is this going to cost me? Car us 2016 with only 28k miles. Last serviced by Renault 10 months ago.

Whistling sound when accelerating up through the gears... Need Help 2 years 1 month ago #3

• xaviat
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey MrBWILKES100 ,

I have the same behaviour with my 2017 petrol Kadjar with the whistling sound. I diagnosed mine at retailer/service aswell and the found no issues and informed normal behaviour.
My noice is annoying but its not increasing/warying in strength, if this happens i would worry.

Tested 2 other Kadjar's after that at other dealerships and the results made me accept the whistling sound:
  • 2020 Diesel Kadjar  - Did not have the whistling sound.
  • Another 2017 petrol Kadjar (about 75000 km used) - Same behaviour with whistling sound.

----

Any update on your progress/case?

Whistling sound when accelerating up through the gears... Need Help 1 year 11 months ago #4

• Hal
I have just bought 2017 automatic Kadjar from Marshall Skoda dealership only 25k miles on the clock .
I have also noticed the whistling sound whenever I accelerate , this is really irritating . My dad has astra 1.4 turbo from 2014 and I have never heard the turbo making this sound. 

I have requested dealership to check that so just waiting for date when I can bring it in . 

Has anyone else with those "issues " was able to resolve it or is it "normal"?

Whistling sound when accelerating up through the gears... Need Help 1 year 9 months ago #5

• jan_cubarba
I have a whistling at acceleration but only until the engine warms up, then disappears.
2016 1.2 TCe, petrol, manual, HLMR

Whistling sound when accelerating up through the gears... Need Help 7 months 2 weeks ago #6

• Loadone
You need help when the Whistling is gone! :)

It's coming from the Turbo and it's totally normal !!! :)

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds