Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
This Category is specifically for the engine 1.2 TCE as there seems to be a suggestion that there may be a floor with the design.

Boyko has made the suggestion that there is a more dedicated thread for all things relating to this Engine, so here it is starting with the email he sent me.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Is there an issue with this Engine? 4 years 7 months ago #1

• duracel3634
  • duracel3634's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I came across this page today -
http://engine-failures-nissan-renault.org - as I myself am already experiencing some of the said issues - first was oil consumption, now I have engine noise and timing chain is due for replacement in the upcoming weeks.

There is also this french facebook group with about 1500 members already that is dedicated to issues with this particular engine. It seems this is not contained with Renaults cars as the engine is also installed in Nissan, Dacia and even Mercedes.

I'm thinking maybe its time to start a more dedicated thread in the forum about this, as it seems to be bigger and more concerning that I thought. There are already a few topics about engine noises but it seems members are in the dark about the scale of it.

This is part of an email sent to me by Boyko with the suggestion of starting this category and separate thread
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by duracel3634.

Is there an issue with this Engine? 4 years 7 months ago #2

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Thanks for this!

Here are URLs to two facebook groups - the French one has 1.5k users and just yday they also created a UK group:

UK group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/enginefailuresnissanrenault/

French group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/365306860735230/

Anyone who has issues with this engine can fill the form on the website and the details are then added to this table - there are already hundreds of cars listed there with all sorts of issues related to oil consumption, rattling noises, and engine breakdowns.

Sad to say it but it seems we the 1.2 tce owners pulled the short stick.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Is there an issue with this Engine? 4 years 7 months ago #3

• JohnBridge
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
One of the webpages referred to contains this: "The technical note specifies that the problem of excessive oil consumption concerns engines produced over a fairly long period of time: from the start of production from 1 October 2012 to the end of production to 20 July 2016" Does that mean the problem hasn't been reported in 1.2 engines manufactured after 20 July 2016? Or that no 1.2 engines were made after that? [and our September 2017 Kadjar contains a 2016 engine?]
There is a procedure to change the engine management to "correct the pressure defect problem in the intake collector" (which apparently causes the oil use) so anyone who has a 1.2 that's using excessive oil should pester the Renault dealer while it's in warranty!

Is there an issue with this Engine? 4 years 7 months ago #4

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I'm in touch with one of the dealers here in Sofia, was just on the phone with them and now sent them an email with various documents - actis and nissan internal solution docs that I found in the fb groups. Trying to escalate this and making sure they are actually aware that there is what seems to be a known issue (for everyone except Renault I guess) while also trying to get more details as to whether the ECU update related to oil consumption was performed on my car yet or not, and if any internal procedure was followed to diagnose and resolve this in my case. I'll share any findings as they come.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Is there an issue with this Engine? 4 years 2 months ago #5

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Somebody started a petition about this the other day

http://chng.it/bPZ66Mf9F5

Is there an issue with this Engine? 4 years 2 months ago #6

• gsa1967
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
yesterday i checked the oil. i have done 5.500 km and the oil is in the upper sign. i dont have problem with oil consumption as far. hope stays that way.
the car is model march 2018 . i have seen in forums that the problem is for engines built from 2012-2016. Is it possible to fix then the problem,?

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds