• Page:

TOPIC:

Central Locking Not Working 3 years 8 months ago #7

• duracel3634
  • duracel3634's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I have the RAC coming out in the morning, if they can't do anything they can take it to the dealer.
The operator was speculating that the car battery is at fault, con't see that as instrument panel and centre display are coming on.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Central Locking Not Working 3 years 8 months ago #8

• duracel3634
  • duracel3634's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Well, the RAC turned out this morning and guess what, the car was behaving itself as if nothing was wrong, don't you just hate that when that happens!!
The guy operated the remote initially and no hint of a problem, I tried the normal press the button on the door, no problem.

The guy checked the Renault Database for any faults that resemble what I described, as he had not come across this problem before, and no issues highlighted.

As I have had a small problem with the driver's door button, still waiting for this to be rectified, speculation is that the switch was still sending a lock signal which was blocking any new commands to unlock, logically I would say that is a sound argument.

On another note, he did say they have very few call outs for the Kadjar, generally, so that hopefully speaks volumes for the reliability of the car, Touch Wood!!:cheer:
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Last edit: by duracel3634.

Re:Central Locking Not Working 3 years 8 months ago #9

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
We call this the Garage syndrome. The car has some fault, but when taken to the garage, all works as nothing ever happened :)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Central Locking Not Working 3 years 8 months ago #10

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Used to find this sort of thing happened a lot with various major models. Invariably, a battery disconnect would reset all control modules on the vehicle and cure the glitches. Body control modules are notorious for glitching and they control so many other systems on the vehicle. 5 minutes should normally be long enough. Disconnect the negative terminal only. As I was lead to believe a negative spark is less risk to control modules. Also there is no risk of shorting battery to body. Best of luck

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds