Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Drivers seat making a "tinging" noise 1 year 8 months ago #1

• nimjums
  • nimjums's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello all,

I've read the forums and found a few topics similar but unsure if they are the same symptom as mine.

There is a noise coming from under the drivers seat which sounds like metal tapping on metal (like a ting noise), it's infrequent and seems to do it more when turning corners or going over bumps.

I've tried to replicate it when stationary by pulling on things and moving around in the seat but I just can't get it to do it.

If I hold my hand under the seat when driving on the horizontal metal bar, I can feel the "ting" through the bar if that makes sense but I just can't pinpoint exactly where it's coming from.

Anyone with any ideas? I plan to stick my phone under the seat and try and record it happening to see if that gives any clues.

Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Drivers seat making a "tinging" noise 1 year 8 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

Hello all,

I've read the forums and found a few topics similar but unsure if they are the same symptom as mine.

There is a noise coming from under the drivers seat which sounds like metal tapping on metal (like a ting noise), it's infrequent and seems to do it more when turning corners or going over bumps.

I've tried to replicate it when stationary by pulling on things and moving around in the seat but I just can't get it to do it.

If I hold my hand under the seat when driving on the horizontal metal bar, I can feel the "ting" through the bar if that makes sense but I just can't pinpoint exactly where it's coming from.

Anyone with any ideas? I plan to stick my phone under the seat and try and record it happening to see if that gives any clues.

Cheers.

Absolutely the same with me for a couple of years or more. Haven't found the culprit yet.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:Drivers seat making a "tinging" noise 1 year 8 months ago #3

• nimjums
  • nimjums's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
It’s really annoying isn’t it? No matter what I pull on or wiggle I can’t replicate the noise!

Re:Re:Drivers seat making a "tinging" noise 1 year 8 months ago #4

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

It’s really annoying isn’t it? No matter what I pull on or wiggle I can’t replicate the noise!

I couldn't find it neither. Sometimes it even sound like somewhere from the rear seat. Strange issue and yes - really annoying.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds