Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

DPF issue - apologies is already covered elsewhere... 1 year 7 months ago #1

• ChatsRK2016
  • ChatsRK2016's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
We have a 66plate Kadjar, 1.5 Diesel. I no longer drive this vehicle as I get a company car so the missus uses it only for short journeys....shock horror, message pops up on the dash about the dpf...send it to a garage who does a regen, light goes off....5days later, reappears.

we took it back in and they tried a regen for a 2nd time, but now the light wont switch off and it's throwing all sorts of other random faults up on the Diagnostic machine.

I spoke to my brother, who suggested dumping 2 bottles of Forte into diesel tank when the car is warm (normal mid temp on the guage) and doing a long motorway journey. which we did....just over an hour on the motorway, plus 20mins on normal roads. We stoppped off at costa, 2 mins...got in the car and the temp gauge was showing cold. Which cannot be correct? It was suggested that it's possibly the thermostat that needs replacing...its not allowing the right temperature to help the regen process....

Does this sound right?

It's just typical that this issue arises when we were just having discussions of changing the car to a petrol instead!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ChatsRK2016.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds