Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

P0096 / DTC969 / Check Injection / Check Anti-pollution 1 year 2 months ago #1

• mattistovic
  • mattistovic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

Scoured the net far and wide for this one and can't find anything, so hopefully this will help someone else once I get the to bottom of it.

The fault seems to occur every morning when I start the engine up, looking at the freeze frame on my Autel MaxiAP AP200 everything looks normal except for Manifold Air Temperature which shows 0 deg, (when the fault occurs it's always 0 on the fault freeze frame) bare in mind it's 10 deg outside. On the live data this is always 50 deg, so either 50 or 0. So you'd think it's the MAT sensor right? But apparently, there isn't one on a Kadjar, it's just the IAT sensor.

So I removed the Air Temperature sensor (IAT "223653148R") it looked pretty grubby so I cleaned it up put it back in and the same fault comes up next morning. The live data for the IAT looks completely normal and even on the freeze frame of the fault looks totally fine. When I remove the connector cable to the IAT sensor, both of the readings on the scanner disappear (Manifold Air Temperature & Intake Air Temperature) how can one sensor be responsible for both of these readings? Is there anything else on this freeze frame that looks suspicious to you guys? Open to suggestions and ideas.

Thanks for reading.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

P0096 / DTC969 / Check Injection / Check Anti-pollution 1 year 2 months ago #2

• mattistovic
  • mattistovic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok so shortly after posting this I disconnected the MAF sensor which then threw the live Manifold Air Temperature reading to "-/-" so I instantly thought great it's the MAF sensor, right? Wrong. After I spent £45 on a new MAF sensor, waited a week for it to be delivered and fitted it only to find the fault still occurred, the penny finally dropped. I realised why one sensor was responsible for the two readings, the IAT sensor is part of the MAF's circuit, and because the IAT sensor circuit was faulty the MAF couldn't pull the correct reading because I guess it wasn't getting enough voltage? The clue was in the error code to begin with "P0096 OBD-II Trouble Code: Intake Air Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit Range/Performance" so it's on me...

Anyway, a replacement IAT sensor finally fixed it up, but just to make matters more confusing, the part pulled out of my car was 223653148R which is superseded by 223657458R, so save yourself some time and just google 223657458R, £12.50 used one off eBay did the job! 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds