Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Turning 'stuff' off or keeping 'stuff' on! 5 years 6 months ago #1

• Rogue Storm
  • Rogue Storm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Ok, so I picked up my shiny new Kadjar yesterday (28/09/18) having spent a good three weeks researching various cars of similar size (and price). Pleased to say the K came out as one of the best. I've now had it just over 24 hours and have noticed a few niggling issues; not complaints and certainly not faults.

My wife is disabled and uses a wheelchair and occasionally when I dash into a shop she stays in the car. The key is usually in my pocket so when I get out, take three steps, the doors, as per the manual, lock themselves. Not a big issue until I came out and found that my wife had set the alarm off. Leave the key in the car, ok a possible work-around.  Is it possible to stop the car locking itself?

The next issue is to do with the music. As soon as I open the driver's door the radio shuts down and I can't seem to find anywhere in the manuals that explain how I might be able to leave the car and keep the radio playing, (for my wife), something I've been able to do, either by design or tinkering, since I bought my first car in c1976. On my last car, a Mitsubishi ASX, there was an intermediate setting on the 'push-button-start' where you could turn the car on without turning the ignition on. The Kadjar has no such setting (as far as I know).

When I picked up the car there was £30 worth of fuel in the tank, this took it to around the halfway mark, initially, the distance to go indicator said 80 miles and I knew that couldn't be right. As I drove home, a matter of nine miles, this figure gradually rose to 115 miles which I figured was still a bit light. Over the next fifty miles or so, this figure did not go above the 115. Do these items of dashboard information take a little while to 'bed in'?

Loving the car BTW.

TIA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Turning 'stuff' off or keeping 'stuff' on! 5 years 6 months ago #2

• barracuda1
  • Thank you received: 17
Hi, with regards to leaving your wife in he car, you can do a couple of things,  you can turn off the walkaway locking or leave the key in the car or a long press of the locking button will disable the internal movement sensors which sets it off,you will hear a couple of beeps when you do this. As for the radio it always turns off when you stop and open the doors, you can the with the engine off press the start button once and turn the radio back on by pressing the power button once, it will only stay on for about 10 mins or so then you have to do the same again, bit daft really  but thats how it is.

I am just  letting you know that this is how I do it, others may  know a few tricks lol
DynamiqueNav 1.5 Flame Red January 2017 66 Reg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rogue Storm

Turning 'stuff' off or keeping 'stuff' on! 5 years 6 months ago #3

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
When I have to leave my wife in the car alone for a few minutes (she's also disabled) it's not so much of a problem as she keeps the second remote in her handbag. If it's someone else, I walk away and when the doors lock and mirrors start to turn in I press the unlock button on my remote (open padlock sign) and this unlocks the doors and disables the inside sensors. Or you could leave the remote with whoever is left in the car, as has been mentioned. Whichever is easier for you, the result is the same. With regards the music. When it cuts out all you need to do is press the on/off for the RLink (centre of the rotary dial), as Barracuda says it plays on for about 10 minutes. If not long enough, repeat ad infinitum. 
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

Turning 'stuff' off or keeping 'stuff' on! 5 years 6 months ago #4

• gsa1967
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
my wife and kids also stays in car when i go out to lock the garage  or go to pay in the gus station,so i live the key in the car.
for the music i do open th rlink with the power button.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds