Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 4 months ago #19

• AndyB53
  • AndyB53's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
It is an excellent question that I have asked Renault UK    Currently their reply is that is not a fault but a "Feature".  Now we have these reports on 2 different Kadjars (both mine and my wife's)  Motabitily (the people who actually own the cars we lease), are taking this up with Renault UK.  As a result they have returned both cars to them for full refunds and are removing the Kadjar from the list of vehicles they supply.  Who knows what is next.  In the UK Owners of Vauxhall Zafira's have complained for over 4 years that they suddenly catch fire.  Only in the last few months have Vauxhall admitted the issue.  The fact that the gearbox has been dropped in the new 2019 Kadjar proves that Renault  know something is wrong,  They just wont admit it (yet)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 4 months ago #20

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Maybe you're right. But as far as I know, EDC gearbox can not be used only in the more-powerful engines. Obviously, it can't deal with bigger torque. 
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 4 months ago #21

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Why don't we all stop defending our own position and just accept that "the other guy" has the same right as you/me to voice an opinion?  Anyway, whilst 1 have two still working (but only just ) legs, it's manual for me

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 4 months ago #22

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Topic moved from Welcome Mat to a more appropriate Category.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 4 months ago #23

• terryp
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Maybe I'm missing something here. My 1.2 Auto is the first car I've had with an electric parking brake so it took me a while to work out how to reverse up a slope while facing forward. After trial and error I found that Hill Start Assist works in reverse up a hill as it does when facing forward. It helps to put additional pressure on the brake pedal before applying pressure on the accelerator.
Failing that, if the Parking brake is applied, it will stay on until the accelerator is applied, though this can cause the car to lurch unless the pressure is quite gentle.
If the gradient is about 10%, I don't think Hill Start Assist will operate either forward or back but in that circumstance the vehicle will not move much between the foot movement between brake and accelerator.
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 4 months ago #24

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I think the issue is highlighted by the original poster of this topic is that he only has use of one foot, therefore, causing him problems trying to operate the foot brake and accelerator at the same time.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds