Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 4 months ago #1

• AndyB53
  • AndyB53's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
My wife and I took delivery of 2 Kadjar 1.2 Signature Nav Autos on 1st Sept.  Seven weeks of hellish driving. both have independently been declared "Unsafe & Dangerous to drive in their current condition" by 2 separate RAC reports  Potential owners please beware!  The problem is this...

If parked on any modest / steep incline (20~35 degrees), facing forward  any attempt to reverse in the car WILL NOT WORK"  In actual fact the car will move forward after 3 seconds when the auto brake releases!     Sometime it will then suddenly lurch backwards uncontrollably.   Renault Acknowledge this is an issue but say and I quote..." IT IS NOT A FAULT BUT A FEATURE" 
Basically we are both disabled blue Badge Motability car users and have to use Automatics as we do not have proper use of our left legs /  feet In.   my case after type 2 Diabetic nephropathy, I cannot feel my left leg and foot at all  it is permanently anaesthetised so am unable to feel if I am actually on the brake pedal.    

Renault's answer to me was..... "Of course if you were  more able bodied, you could "lessen" the effect by using the footbrake with your left foot"  So basically the Kadjar Auto is unsuitable for disabled people.  It is NOT A TRUE AUTOMATIC !  It have since discovered that the "sister car" to the Kadjar the Nissan Qashquai Auto has been withdrawn because of gearbox problems.  Similarly the Peugeot 3008 had the same Gearbox removed for the same reasons.

I fully appreciate this is in fact a computer controlled "Semi-Auto"  BUT IT DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY!  and Renault refuse to do anything about it.  The situation is so bad that Motability have agreed to cancelling our leases so we can get cars elsewhere.  After much research and 100% glowing reports, we are not going for a Mazda CX5 

Very very disappointed by the Kadjar but even worse is Renault's attitude to the problem.  Anyone else here had similar issues?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 4 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
All you say has long before been discussed in the forum. Just use the search engine. This issue does not make Kadjar such a disaster as you describe it. You can assist yourself with the handbrake, I think. And yes! It is not a real automatic. It's a robotized manual gerabox. Wonder why you didn't make a test drive before purchasing?
When I was а new driver, using my father's old car (russian Moskvich), he taught me how to start on steep slopes with the same foot keeping pressed the brake and the gas simultaneously. You can try this approach :) 
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 4 months ago #3

• AndyB53
Hello AOne. 
If you fully read my post you will see that I am in fact disabled and do not have the use of my left leg/ foot.  How would you suggest I use the accelerator and brake at the same time?  Perhaps a broom handle ? The problem is made worse because of an automatic handbrake with no manual override!
On a more serious note.  The car mas sold to me by the Motability Sales Rep at the Renault branch  who knew exactly what my disability was and that I HAD to have an Automatic.  .  From what you are saying, this is a well known issue so begs the question why it was sold to me in the first place?  As for the "Tet Drive"  Of course I had one but, and it is a big "but",   I took it out on normal roads.  I assumed the car, (indeed any new car), would work on slopes and hills.  Tell me did you road test your vehicle on roads, sand, hills, grass etc?  No of course you did not.  It is reasonable to assume a new car would be able to handle all normal types or terrain that had roads.  I have found out today that the New  2019 Kadjar does not have an Automatic option in the ranges!  I wonder why?  aAs I said at the beginning of my post.  I really liked the Kadjar especially the leather seats which were extemely comfortable  My only other "niggle" was that the top of range cars should have had a Power Tail-lift

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 4 months ago #4

• AndyB53
Oh and it was 2 independent RAC inspections One  said that "the car was UNSAFE in it's current condition  The other said..." This vehicle is DANGEROUS TO USE with this problem"  So yes I am saying it is bad!

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 4 months ago #5

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Who said something bout left foot? Use ONLY your right foot. Heel on the brake and fingers on the throttle - it's that easy. And the electronic brake can be overridden manually, by pulling or pushing it's button. Also easy as that. 
 Don't get offended, but it's really irritating, braking in the forum of Kadjar owners, shouting "Guys, don't buy this car. It's rubbish". Silly, isn't it? All of us ALREADY own such cars (some for quite long) and your statement is a nonsense, considering the fact. 
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.

Kadjar AUTOMATIC (semi-Automatic) PLEASE BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY! PLEASE READ. 5 years 4 months ago #6

• AndyB53
Hello again!  I am beginning to think your replies are some kind of "wind up"  Have you actually read, (r.e.a.d)., my posts?  I AM DISABLED.  I have no use of my left leg / foot and restricted use of my right.  How about I play the drums as well as trying to drive an so-called AUTOMATIC car?    The DVLA have tested me and decided I am safe to drive an AUTOMATIC!  I was sold a Renault Kadjar AUTOMATIC by Renaults disability expert at the branch concerned.  If what you say is true and the "issues" have been known for some time, She must have known it was unsuitable for a disabled person..  As for "BRAKING into the Forum (PS it is spelt breaking)  I have been a member of this forum for well over a year.  Am I not allowed to say anything derogatory?  Finally you say I am talking "Nonsense" and you have "facts"  Well the FACTS are that 2 separate and independent RAC reports have been done (copies attached minus personal details).  I have highlighted the FACTS that are in writing.  Still say it is nonsense??  I suggest you actually read what I have said and get your FACTS right! 

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds