Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

EDC Gear Lever Button Broken 5 years 2 months ago #1

• bakedbeanbomber
  • bakedbeanbomber's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Sorry if this is a repost (I looked but couldn't see anything)...I also posted to the old forum until I realised that its moved here and I couldn't figure out how to delete the post...DOH!

I have a 2017 Kadjar Auto (EDC) with 36k on it and the gear release button thingy or whatever its called fell off around 3K ago I put it back on,  then around 1k ago whilst in a remote farm yard (I do around 20k a year traveling around rural Wales) the bloody thing broke completely off and left me stranded until I figured out how to move it from park without the button. 

I live over an hour to the nearest dealer (Hereford/Shrewsbury/Aberystwyth) so I haven't been to them yet as I'm waiting for the 2nd service which the car tells me is in 28 days :-) , but I did call them and they said that they have never heard of such a  thing happening and as such it is unlikely that the warranty will cover it as it will be classed as 'wear and tear' - surely Renault expect a plastic button to at least last the warranty period???

Has anyone else had the same issue? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

EDC Gear Lever Button Broken 5 years 2 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Never heard of such problem. But the 'wear and tear' is also covered by the warranty. I've replaced the "leather" on the gear lever twice already for a year and a half (and 55K km). All covered by the warranty. So just insist to be replaced under warranty. When it's meant to stay there for at least 5 years, it should've...
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

EDC Gear Lever Button Broken 5 years 2 months ago #3

• bakedbeanbomber
  • bakedbeanbomber's Avatar Topic Author
Thank you very much, I'll have a crack at them and see how I get on...Its a lease car through work, so I don't want Renault charging the lease company as they will rip me off (they tried to charge me £250+ VAT for a single tyre last year that they said was below their minimum tread depth....Rsoles!)

I'll let you know how I get on in a couple of weeks :-)

EDC Gear Lever Button Broken 5 years 4 days ago #4

• Hammer73
I had such a problem; the button just fell out of its place. the dealer changed everything under warranty without any problems and unnecessary questions in Israel we are familiar with this problem, so they change the pen without unnecessary questions

EDC Gear Lever Button Broken 4 years 6 months ago #5

• pjsooty
Yesterday 10/09/19 I had the same problem the button on the EDC gear lever broke just selected reverse the I felt the button just drop so nipped down to my local dealer who were brilliant and book the car for today dropped the car in then a curtesy call to say what was wrong and told a new part was ordered and the car ready for about 17.30. Well a call to let me know the car was ready at 17.00 all replaced under warranty but it would have cost £221.41 so great service from Renault Mansfield.

EDC Gear Lever Button Broken 4 years 4 months ago #6

• iced_blue
  • Thank you received: 1
Had this same issue.. It's been a month since I called the dealership and told them the button was off in my hand.. And still not been replaced! Got told Renault sent the wrong part 2 weeks ago.. Absolute joke! Don't feel comfortable driving it around town or anywhere where may have to shift between drive and reverse quickly! Keep getting caught by the metal spring!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds