Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kadjar 1.5 service due/oil change 4 years 7 months ago #1

• Wlodar
  • Wlodar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
hi guys,
I have a 2016 1.5 diesel Kadjar that I bought back in July. It was last serviced in Febrauary at 30k miles and it currently sits at 35k miles. I didn't expect to go for the next service for another few months but yesterday I got a message on the trip computer that a service is due in 1000 miles.
When I go to service intervals it actually shows that the service is due in 12k miles/5 months but it's the Oil change that is due in 1000miles.
So I guess I don't need to do a full service but just go for the oil change?
What are the oil change intervals for Kadjar and this engine? I thought that oil change would be done with the service.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kadjar 1.5 service due/oil change 4 years 7 months ago #2

• gat
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi,

I have a similar issue...

In January 2019 my Kadjar (1.5DCI 2016) had an A + B service at a Renault dealer.

In August (7 months later) my car displayed “Service due 1000 miles” and has been counting down until it now shows “Service Required”. I have only covered 10000 miles since the last service. I expected this only when I have covered 18000 miles.

The Renault dealer tells me that it is not due a service and to bring it in and they will reset it.

I will reset it myself but before doing this I checked the “Service Intervals” display and it shows the following:

Oil change 0 miles/17 months
Service in 7900 miles/5 months

The values make sense except for the 0 miles for oil change, which is what has triggered the “Service Required” message. I presume a reset will reset both miles and months together (18000 miles/24 months). If so then how can the 17 months be correct but the miles be so wrong. Does the Kadjar have some kind of oil quality sensor, which reduces the oil change miles so a service is due sooner than it normal ?

Last edit: by gat.

Kadjar 1.5 service due/oil change 4 years 7 months ago #3

• Wlodar
  • Wlodar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1

Hi,

I have a similar issue...

In January 2019 my Kadjar (1.5DCI 2016) had an A + B service at a Renault dealer.

In August (7 months later) my car displayed “Service due 1000 miles” and has been counting down until it now shows “Service Required”. I have only covered 10000 miles since the last service. I expected this only when I have covered 18000 miles.

The Renault dealer tells me that it is not due a service and to bring it in and they will reset it.

I will reset it myself but before doing this I checked the “Service Intervals” display and it shows the following:

Oil change 0 miles/17 months
Service in 7900 miles/5 months

The values make sense except for the 0 miles for oil change, which is what has triggered the “Service Required” message. I presume a reset will reset both miles and months together (18000 miles/24 months). If so then how can the 17 months be correct but the miles be so wrong. Does the Kadjar have some kind of oil quality sensor, which reduces the oil change miles so a service is due sooner than it normal ?

hi,
I guess the key question is how often the oil change miles intervals are set to by default. If it's every 24 months (seems quite long) but how about the miles? Could it be 10k then? I will reset the interval tomorrow so will see.
I'm finally heading for an oil change even that my car was serviced in February. Very likely the oil was changed back then and the trip computer hasn't been reset but I rather play it safe and change it now. It won't harm in the end and it's not a massive or very expensive job.

Kadjar 1.5 service due/oil change 4 years 6 months ago #4

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
I think that garage simpy forget to reset service interval value during oil change... If they change oil (B inspection) at A inspection only service interavl should not be reseted... B service interval is 24 months/30000km (or corespond value in miles), A service interval is 12 months. If you make more then 15000 km (or corespond value in miles) in 12 months you can join A and B service inspection into joined, single inspection where you acchived to have changed oil every 12 months...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds