Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Renault Kadjar Cooling 4 years 7 months ago #1

• rgh.key
  • rgh.key's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Had a strange one this afternoon, after returning home from work I turned off the engine in my Kadjar and the cooling fan was running flat out, this continued for about 5 minutes, at this point I was a little worried that the fan would continue to run and flatten the battery so I started and stopped the car, upon stopping the car the fan stopped too. I know that the cooling fan can run with the engine off to cool the car after a long journey or if the engine is hot, however, the temperature was at the normal setting and the journey home is only around 15-20 minutes at 5 miles through the middle of Stoke on Trent so I don't think the car would have got to the temperature for the fan to start especially as I was always told that diesels ran cooler than petrol engines. I wondered if anyone else had seen this behaviour with a 1.6Dci 130? I may be worrying about nothing, it's just with the car been in my possession for a week I am still getting used to it a questioning everything it does haha!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Renault Kadjar Cooling 4 years 7 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Same engine, same thing happened to me at least twice for 2+ years. Outside temperature below 10 degrees Celsius, running distance- 2-3 miles. Sensors fault, I guess. Starting again and switching off did not fixed it. Let the motor runnig for 5 more minutes and then all was back to normal. Might be air bubble or something like it too. Don't know, just live with it ;)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Renault Kadjar Cooling 4 years 7 months ago #3

• rgh.key
Thanks for our reply, glad I am not the only one. I can only assume that the thermostat had just opened and flooded the radiator with hot water causing the fan to start as I turned the engine off, as there is no water circulation with the engine off the water would stay hot in the radiator for a while, as I said I waited 5 minuets before starting the car, in hindsight I probably should have left it longer to see if the fan switched off on its own accord once the temperature was lowered as starting the engine would have circulated the water cooling it down. Its an odd issue as I wouldn't of expected such a short journey to have got the engine hot enough to require the fan to cool the water, and you would of thought that a sensor fault would bring an error message up as the sensors usually 'Fail Safe' so the value would have gone through the roof.... I'm intrigued to see how many other people have had this problem and if the fan does indeed stop by itself or just keep running until it flattens the battery haha! Non the less its a little disconcerting.......

Re:Renault Kadjar Cooling 4 years 7 months ago #4

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Thanks for our reply, glad I am not the only one. I can only assume that the thermostat had just opened and flooded the radiator with hot water causing the fan to start as I turned the engine off, as there is no water circulation with the engine off the water would stay hot in the radiator for a while, as I said I waited 5 minuets before starting the car, in hindsight I probably should have left it longer to see if the fan switched off on its own accord once the temperature was lowered as starting the engine would have circulated the water cooling it down. Its an odd issue as I wouldn't of expected such a short journey to have got the engine hot enough to require the fan to cool the water, and you would of thought that a sensor fault would bring an error message up as the sensors usually 'Fail Safe' so the value would have gone through the roof.... I'm intrigued to see how many other people have had this problem and if the fan does indeed stop by itself or just keep running until it flattens the battery haha! Non the less its a little disconcerting.......

Exactly ;) We're not the only ones. A few other Kadjar owners had the same issue.

RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Renault Kadjar Cooling 4 years 7 months ago #5

• rgh.key
Has anyone actually got to the bottom of the issue and found out if indeed it is a fault or just a normal occurrence?

Re:Renault Kadjar Cooling 4 years 7 months ago #6

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Not yet, as far as I know. Nobody contacted a dealer, cause the answer is basically obvious :) ("it's a normal behavior" even if it is not)

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds