Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Auto locking 4 years 3 months ago #1

• AU82
  • AU82's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi

Is it possible to turn off auto locking with the kadjar or is it something a dealer has to turn off ?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Auto locking 4 years 3 months ago #2

• Fraserl
  • Thank you received: 12
IIRC If you have access to Clip or DDT4All, you can do it yourself, otherwise, a trip to the dealer is in order.
Regards

Fraser

Kadjar Dynamique S Nav 1.6 Dci with lighting pack

Auto locking 4 years 3 months ago #3

• JohnBridge
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
We've got a 2017 Kadjar and switched-off the auto-locking without going to a dealer. I downloaded a "Kadjar-1161-6_ENG handbook" from somewhere and section 1.72 has the "Vehicle settings customisation menu". That says: "With the vehicle at standstill, using the multifunction screen, select menu VEHICLE then USER SETTINGS to access the various settings" I believe that when the "hands-free function" setting is OFF then auto-locking will not happen.
If you meant the automatic-locking-of-the-doors when the car begins moving, then there is a setting "Automatic locking of the doors while driving" which is accessed the same way.

Last edit: by JohnBridge.

Auto locking 4 years 3 months ago #4

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
You can turn it off in the Rlink2 as a user in the vehicle settings menu. No need for any drastic action.
If it’s a one shot thing you need use the fob to unlock the vehicle, this prevents the auto lock function from working just that time until it is manually locked again. Handy for cleaning.

Auto locking 4 years 3 months ago #5

• Joe
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi everyone. I have a similar problem, so am not sure whether joining this thread is the right thing to do or not. But, I have a 2019 Kadjar and at the moment using the auto lock. So several times I have found the car open even when it locked when I left it. This often happens when I have left the car for some days without driving it. Is this usual or is there something am not doing right?
Thank you in advance.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds