Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Active emergency braking 4 years 2 weeks ago #1

• kpnuts
  • kpnuts's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi. I have a 2020 Kadjar 1.5 diesel auto with the optional safety pack which includes active emergency braking, AEB. I have not had any indications on the dash display even when I tested by coming up very close to vehicles in front at speeds over 40kph and certainly no active braking from the car itself. I went to my dealer but they insist the AEB will work at the last minute but, given the small gap between mine and the car in front, during my testing, I do not think there would be sufficient time for the AEB to issue a warning and then apply the brakes as stated in the handbook
Does anyone else have the safety pack and can you tell me if yours is working as the handbook states or has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Active emergency braking 4 years 2 weeks ago #2

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Dealer has right... I tought same as you, well a few weeks ago I overlooked a car stopped suddenly in short distance (in city)... I was taking care about tram coming from left so completely missed it. AEBS activated and stoped car in millisecond before collision. And beeping sound and big red car lit up in middle of cluster.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: kpnuts

Active emergency braking 4 years 2 weeks ago #3

• kpnuts
Hi. Thank you for your reply.
From your experience it seems different to what Renault say in the handbook. They say the big red car and warning beep should come on first to give the driver time to react and if the driver takes no action then the AEBS takes over. Also it says it works between 30-140km/h (20-85mph) . Can I ask what speed you were doing when your incident occurred?
as it seems you did not get the first alert?

Active emergency braking 4 years 6 days ago #4

• Edc1
  • Thank you received: 1
In my case the warning came up twice, once when a car in front stopped abruptly but I had time to stop (though I'm not sure if the braking force came all from the pedal or automatic ) and other time when a car crossed a junction in front when I had the right of way. The latter was a nice surprise because this is not according to the manual. I got the warning but had time to stop because I was under 40km/h
2019 Iron Blue - GT line Blue dCi 115 Manual Diesel

Active emergency braking 4 years 6 days ago #5

• kpnuts
Hi, thanks for your reply.
Can you say what speed you we’re doing and how far from the car in front that braked abruptly?

Active emergency braking 4 years 6 days ago #6

• Edc1
  • Thank you received: 1
Not sure re speed but not much, i would say around 30km/h. Re distance about 10-20m.

I received an audible alarm and red triangle on front display.

Note you have an option to disable it, confirm that feature is on from central console
2019 Iron Blue - GT line Blue dCi 115 Manual Diesel

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds