Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cruise control again. 3 years 10 months ago #7

• Chilly
  • Chilly's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Only had it a week and I'm going to have to take it back. Only had 1 full day when cruise worked properly. It would just disengage all in its own then work again but now its just not working at all. 18 reg with only 14,000. Everybody said don't buy a Renault, electrics are rubbish. I'm beginning to understand now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Cruise control again. 3 years 10 months ago #8

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

Only had it a week and I'm going to have to take it back. Only had 1 full day when cruise worked properly. It would just disengage all in its own then work again but now its just not working at all. 18 reg with only 14,000. Everybody said don't buy a Renault, electrics are rubbish. I'm beginning to understand now

You can't make conclusions from 1 Kadjar with defective cruise control. Your case is the first I'm hearing about, and believe me, I'm member of many Renault forums. I suppose it's some stupid sensor, which costs not higher than 15 euro. In your other thread we made a few suggestions, but I bet you didn't even read it. Just go to the dealer or any other garage and have them fix it for you. Why's all this mumbling, when you're not doing anything about it. Do you expect it to dissapear on its own?
Some faulty sensor went wrong and - BANG! Renault's electronics suck. How stupid is that?!?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:Cruise control again. 3 years 10 months ago #9

• Chilly
I had a look at the switches on the pedals and without dismantling them they seem to be fine. Hardly any play between pedal and sensor. I'll see what the dealer says. I've had quite a few French cars over the years and this is the first time I've had a problem. My first renault. Other than the cruise control its a really nice car, fingers crossed you are correct and prove me wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

Re:Cruise control again. 3 years 10 months ago #10

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
As I have said elsewhere in this forum, just because it is stating there is an issue with the Cruise Control and Speed Limiter does NOT mean they are at fault. I have use of another make of vehicle which had the same warnings, along with others, and it was a split pipe at the back of the engine above the manifold which had something to do with the air intake if I remember correctly.

I am well aware of Renault's electrical reputation, which used to relate to their colour coding rather than faulty accessories. As for the accessories, most are not unique to Renault regardless as to how they are badged.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Hello everybody 3 years 10 months ago #11

• Chilly
Spoke to dealer and they have arranged for renault to have a look and plug into diagnostics on 16th of July. Tried it again on trip to hospital and its working fine again! I'll see how it goes before I ring the dealer again.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds