Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Apple CarPlay 3 years 4 months ago #37

• sirkoowal
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi guys, can some one confirm if changing USB unit for purposes of activating apple play when have HW version 1.1 want change nothing? I attached photo of my screen in developer mode, ps. I activate apple and android functions but see iPhone as iPod :/

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Apple CarPlay 3 years 4 months ago #38

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Guys, told you many times... In HW 1.1 (SW version 2.x or built into Kadjars 2015-2017/17w) missing/not present PCB for CarPlay on main board. In simple word; there is no hardware support for CarPlay, which is obviously also divided between device R-Link2 and front USB slot.
Again: if you have HW version 1.1 there is no fun with CP. It simply wont work, regardless of SW version, enablement and version of front USB slot.
If happens that you have to change your HW ver 1.1. with newer device (like DarenH and me for example) then you need to enable AA and CP in device (better with DDT4ALL which modify computer instead of R-Link2 device) and for CP you need to replace front USB slot with newer one. Tested at least twice.
AA works on all HW versions, only condition is SW version at least 3.3.16.4xx and enablement in developer mode/DDT4ALL.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Apple CarPlay 3 years 4 months ago #39

• Davila
Hello Sirkoowalwere I put a round spot has to stay green, but I don’t think version 1.0. is possible just over version 3.0 and the USB box has to be changed for a 2017/8 box

This message has attachments images.

Apple CarPlay 3 years 4 months ago #40

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Once again guys... read this article (use a browser with translate option) and read carefuly section for CarPlay. Hope after that there will be no doubt either question like how, is it possible if I change USB box...

https://www.rnews.cz/aktivace-android-auto-a-apple-carplay-na-r-linku2/
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Apple CarPlay 2 years 2 months ago #41

• Malagana
Hi, I enabled car play via debug mode, but I didn’t know that I have tu upgrade the USB ports. Now when I plug the iPhone the phone start charging then stops charging and does the same again and again. 

How I can revert  the modification? I enter again in debug mode and disabled AA and ACP but the USB issue  persists

This message has an attachment image.

Apple CarPlay 2 years 2 months ago #42

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I've already answered you in the other thread, but just to add - long press the power On/Off button for a restart. It might help.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds