Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

USB fingerprint problems - VIN issue? 3 years 8 months ago #1

• bozniakadjar
  • bozniakadjar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I have a used Kadjar 66 plate. The R Link 2 works well, but the maps are so old I am looking to update them or perhaps enable Android Auto and use my phone.

My problem is that R Link Toolbox does not recognise any of the USB sticks I have used in my Kadjar. I have tried Lexar, Verbatim, Kingston sticks all above 8gb and all formatted FAT32. I have tried on both laptops I own, one is Win 10 and the other is Win 7. I have checked firewall etc.
Everytime I check that the two directories have been written and they have.

Here is the interesting twist. I downloaded SKU creator and it complains that the fingerprint that has been written by the car does not match the VIN number of the car.
So the questions are
1. Is there anything else I can try? I don't want to start fiddling about with it if I can not return it to its current state through a pc, but neither the renault software nor the sku creator software are usable due to the USB issue.
2. Will I be able to enter developer mode despite these issues to enable Android Auto (to use with my Samsung S10e)?

I was tempted to apply the IGO Patch, but am holding off due to the above.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

USB fingerprint problems - VIN issue? 3 years 8 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
First off, has the car been deregistered from the previous owner?

If unsure, I believe you will need to contact the Renault connections team to help you out.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Last edit: by duracel3634.

USB fingerprint problems - VIN issue? 3 years 8 months ago #3

• bozniakadjar
  • bozniakadjar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

First off, has the car been deregistered from the previous owner?

If unsure, I believe you will need to contact the Renault connections team to help you out.

Thanks duracel3634, I will explore this with Renault after the bank holiday. My online account with the R Link store accepts the VIN number and shows the car as a Kadjar, which it is, so it might appear that the car and the system match up.

I just tried a brand new Kingston Datatraveller card and it still is not read by the toolbox. It is so frustrating.
I can download an update for my system via the renault website (by entering the VIN, no login required), but I am wary of this if my r link does not match the vin on the car. I am surprised that only SKU creator can tell me this.

Thanks for your suggestions.

USB fingerprint problems - VIN issue? 3 years 8 months ago #4

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
That could mean that device was replaced once but whole procedure was not taken. When you register on My Renault you need beside VIN also a serial number of R-LINK device to register it in RLink store.
I could also register a friends car into my My Renault knowing his VIN same time he has registred it on his account....

Did you try with old WLS decryptor?
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

USB fingerprint problems - VIN issue? 3 years 8 months ago #5

• Karl
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Hello. Not quite sure, if I understand your problem. Obviously your car makes a fingerprint on the USB-stick you use and the R-linkstore recognizes this and proposes updates? But the Sku Creator will not accept your fingerprint?
I recently had the problem, that the sku creator suddenly stopped reading my carĀ“s fingerprint (after I removed some pas using that tool). I saw in another forum that more people had similar problems.
The solution, found by chance, was to download the 32-bit version of Sku Creator (my Windows is 64 bits, so I used the 64 bit version of Skue creator until now). The 32-bit version reads my fingerprint without problems.
1,2 TCe EDC Night&Day prod. Oct. 2016
R-link 2 Ver. 7.0.24.161 (upgraded from 2.x by dealer).
Self activated Android Auto
Here maps
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds