Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Reversing camera flickering then going black at times 3 years 6 months ago #1

• RAC1984
  • RAC1984's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

I'm a new member. I have a Kadjar with the reverse camera as a factory fit. At times (more frequently now) the camera will flicker, go fuzzy and go greyscale, then evidently go black with a message saying that the camera may be broken. I woggle the camera gently, and it works again ... until the issues start again very soon. It's completely intermittent, any time of day or weather.

Because the camera works fine after a gentle woggle, it leads me to think that there may be a lose connection with the camera or an issue with the camera itself, rather than a wider problem with the RLink system or wiring throughout the car.

But as I'm far from an expert, I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this and has any guesses to what it may be?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Reversing camera flickering then going black at times 3 years 6 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I had similar problem with mine. The picture was randomly getting too bright. Unscrewed the plastic cover, removed the number plate lights and just ejected the plug to the camera and fitted it back. It's obviously a loose connection and if you dissasemble yours you'll understand why - it's not the smartest coupling ever created. I wanted to apply some contact spray but didn't have at hand and decided to postpone it. Anyway so far no problems after more than a month. The whole operation is very easy, but you must be careful not to loose the screws as they're very tiny (took me half an hour to find them after dropped them ... all 4 ... one after another, not the smartest person apparently)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:Reversing camera flickering then going black at times 3 years 6 months ago #3

• RAC1984
Thanks, that's very helpful. I was considering doing that but didn't want to jump straight forwarding into unscrewing the plastic cover unless I was opening a Pandora's box. But that sounds like the best option and straight forward.

I've got someone looking at it from the dealer under warranty soon, so it helps to try that myself afterwards if they start saying they want to charge a fortune for a full repair/replace.

Hopefully it's the same issue!

Last edit: by RAC1984.

Re:Re:Reversing camera flickering then going black at times 3 years 6 months ago #4

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Mine is original, but retrofitted. I went to the dealer that fitted it, but unfortunately, the warranty is only one year and expired 6 months ago. The dealer said the cam is faulty, but didn't even offer me a new one (understandable as it costed me 618 euro with fitting). I had no option but to try solve this issue myself. The disassembly is very easy, but needs a little bit of attention and observation to what goes where and what to remove first. A total of 5 minutes is all you need if you know what you're doing. It took me 40, 20 of which were searching for screws on the ground (with grass and tiles with huge holes in them :D :D :D )

RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:Re:Reversing camera flickering then going black at times 3 years 6 months ago #5

• RAC1984
Oh. I misunderstood your original post. I thought you just disconnected and reconnected the camera to secure the connection. I didn't realise you put a whole new camera in...

Re:Re:Re:Reversing camera flickering then going black at times 3 years 6 months ago #6

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Oh. I misunderstood your original post. I thought you just disconnected and reconnected the camera to secure the connection. I didn't realise you put a whole new camera in...

No. You've got that right the first time. Only disconnect and connect. I did not have a camera when purchased the car and an original was fitted later. 18 months after fitting I had the aforementioned problem. It was just to clarify the warranty was expired.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds