Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Inconsistent / Erratic volume - R-Link 2 3 years 2 months ago #1

• Ridingblind52
  • Ridingblind52's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

First time poster - hope this in the right area.

2020 Renault Kadjar Iconic. Running the latest software on R-Link.

I’ve got a real problem with the volume when playing the radio or Apple CarPlay. It will randomly play out lower than normal and I have to really crank up the volume to around 90% to get a decent level of sound. Even at this level the sound is distorted and you can tell it’s not right. Annoyingly this is intermittent so fault finding is an issue (dealership had my car all day yesterday and couldn’t fine the fault). To add insult to injury, it started happening when I was driving home after collecting it yesterday!

It will happen sometimes when i put car into reverse. The sound will sometimes drop but not always and will sometimes get louder rather than quieter.

It can also go quiet / loud randomly when using the sat nav / apple maps. The voice will play and then media volume becomes distorted. This happens in all media (radio / Apple Music etc).

Only way to solve is to either turn off the car or reset the media system each time. Or if the parking sensors go off, it will sometimes resolve it but not always.

I hard wired a dash cam into it a couple of months ago but fitted to the fuses for the USB ports so don’t think that’s the issue. I’ll consider anything at this stage.

Any ideas??

Many thanks
Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Inconsistent / Erratic volume - R-Link 2 3 years 2 months ago #2

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Sounds like the volume is dipping to play other things in the background, maybe the sat Nav. Or warning sounds it’s easily altered accidentally by adjusting the volume while the secondary source is playing.

To look at the overall settings, go to menu, system, volume. To give you a list of all the volume settings.

Inconsistent / Erratic volume - R-Link 2 3 years 2 months ago #3

• Ridingblind52
Yeah I think that’s the case but the volume isn’t just dipping, it’s becoming distorted, like it’s playing through a muffler. When something happens to rectify it (resets / parking sensor goes off etc) it goes to the volume ok the slider, which is really loud as I’ve turned it up to hear it.

I’ve had a play around with the settings tonight to see if I can rectify it. Fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

Inconsistent / Erratic volume - R-Link 2 3 years 2 months ago #4

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
One other thing to try is to hold the on off button for about 8 seconds. Do a soft reset, see how it performs when it starts up, it will seem to take a while but it’s about 60 secs going black then the screen will start.

Inconsistent / Erratic volume - R-Link 2 3 years 2 months ago #5

• Ridingblind52
Yeah I did that last night too. I’ll see how it goes. Trouble is, it’s intermittent and doesn’t always do it when I expect it to, so fault finding is difficult.
Cheers

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds