• Page:

TOPIC:

Speed limit display stopped working 2 years 11 months ago #1

• Karl
  • Karl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
I need some clever input. The display of current speed limits (from the built in camera) is no longer shown. Neither on the R-link nor on the dashboard.
I'm not sure there is a connection - but I noticed it the day after I installed the Tomtom 2020.12 speed camera files.
I have the 2020.12 Here map installed together with the Here speed-cameras and pois. Everything worked fine, until I decided to try the Tomtom .spc files (using the Sku-creator) instead. The installation went fine, but could it have created the problem with the speed limit recognition that I noticed shortly after? I reinstalled the Here .spc files, but it didn't help.
I believe the camera itself works, since the automatic high beam functions.
Any suggestions or similair experiences?
1,2 TCe EDC Night&Day prod. Oct. 2016
R-link 2 Ver. 7.0.24.161 (upgraded from 2.x by dealer).
Self activated Android Auto
Here maps

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Speed limit display stopped working 2 years 11 months ago #2

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Karl

kadjar system is not able to read speed limits from navigation components altough basic system and maps are same as in megane or scenic… only thing that kadjar can do is to read speed camera warning from file. I suppose that you somehow disable this function within navigation and driving assistance.
I noticed a bug in speedcamera files (or navigation in firmware 9) for Here 2020Q4… if you do not pass the speed camera warning area (i.e. my house is 100m before mobile speed camera) it starts to beep and beeps when I park the car and continue to beeps next time I start the car/R-Link2. And you can not turn it off or cancled… if you pass this area for warning it stops to beep… but you must do it continuosly… 
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds