Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

CarPlay - Upgrading Current System vs Aftermarket Fitting 2 years 9 months ago #7

• Trak-X
  • Thank you received: 8
Sorry, dunno anyone there. I am from Romania, Bucharest. Up until some time ago, there were units with V7 and 8. Now, most of them come with V9 and just need the USB to be replaced.
1.6 dCi - 4WD - Brown (2016)

RLink 2 - V3.3.16.961
Here Maps (Q2/2019) / TomTom POIs / SpeedCams (06.2019)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CarPlay - Upgrading Current System vs Aftermarket Fitting 2 years 8 months ago #8

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
And what is a difference to same service in authorised garage? If device is brand new costed pretty much same unless falls from truck (=stollen) not to mention that with garage you have all other benefits. Front USB is same story… new costed from 50€ on AliExpress to 150€ in garage. If you provided them at time of changing there is no extra labor to change…
Only benefit I see is if those two guys are capable to transfere an used device from scarped car to other car and make it fully functional and act as a part of your  car (so transfered R-Link store apps, subscriptions and so). 
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

CarPlay - Upgrading Current System vs Aftermarket Fitting 2 years 8 months ago #9

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Dealer can not access and enable those functions with CLIP what you already know. And DDT4ALL is not official tool so they officialy refuse to use it. 
Logical to me. I’ve got a few calls from unknown people who told me that official garage that I use gave them my contact to sort this kind of things…
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)

CarPlay - Upgrading Current System vs Aftermarket Fitting 2 years 8 months ago #10

• Trak-X
  • Thank you received: 8
Oh, i did not say anything wrong lol. I was just saying that someone does change it (and there are so many that do it all over the world - i think you also do changes as i follow you on Youtube (or am i wrong)), as i understood from the previous posts that only the official shop can not do it. Not sure what the pricing is by you, but by us it is usually 2-3 times more than it should be. Also, most local official shops do no offer this service, not even to order the unit for you so you can replace it somewhere else. So having someone that does it, it's a good thing for everyone. 

If an official store would do this here, with a normal price, i would do it for my car as well. But for the moment, i am fine with v3 as i am an Android user and the current system offers everything i need.
1.6 dCi - 4WD - Brown (2016)

RLink 2 - V3.3.16.961
Here Maps (Q2/2019) / TomTom POIs / SpeedCams (06.2019)

CarPlay - Upgrading Current System vs Aftermarket Fitting 2 years 8 months ago #11

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi

you absolutely did not say or do anything wrong. But what I really hate is if somebody mention I know a guy who did it for (you put it here)... And does not share any information... I like to know basic what procedure or steps he did, more or less you need experience for that is something you pay, not something you found or even steal from internet... 
Many times I am willing to pay for service but I always chose a man who will explain what he doing...

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds