Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Risk of updating from 2.2 to 7.x? 1 year 3 months ago #1

• Freezaa
  • Freezaa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all!

I was thinking about updating my rlink system to 7.x, since I believe it solves some annoying bugs and it probably also runs smoother, but is there any risk to updating it? Obviously through a dealership!

Also, I have contacted several renault dealerships around me (I live in Sweden), and they don't seem to know that they can update to version 7. All they know is through the website... Any advice?

One last question: I noticed in a thread that versions for Kadjars end in 1, e.g 3.3.16.981. Is this true? Because when I found download links for version 3, they all ended in 0 (e.g 3.3.16.980).

Help is appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Risk of updating from 2.2 to 7.x? 1 year 3 months ago #2

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Hi

you can not update from 2.2.x or 3.3.x to 7.x on your own. It is better to order new device, result will be the same.
FW 3.3.16.98x is same for 7,8 and 8,7 inch device. Last digit define version of display.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Risk of updating from 2.2 to 7.x? 1 year 3 months ago #3

• Freezaa
I was rather thinking of just updating the device by going to the dealers and let them do it. Buying a whole new device can cost a lot, whereas the update itself should be, what, 50-100€?

Risk of updating from 2.2 to 7.x? 1 year 3 months ago #4

• Trak-X
  • Thank you received: 8
Not sure if everywhere, but here you are told that any damage that might occur is on you and they don't take blame for it. So ... keep that in mind or ask before starting the process.
1.6 dCi - 4WD - Brown (2016)

RLink 2 - V3.3.16.961
Here Maps (Q2/2019) / TomTom POIs / SpeedCams (06.2019)

Risk of updating from 2.2 to 7.x? 1 year 3 months ago #5

• Freezaa
I asked Renault about any possible risks, and they did say if they follow the procedure correctly, there should be no risks of bricks or any other damage? So, if they do it incorrectly, I do believe they are liable. It is like someone doing, say, an engine swap incorrectly. They should of course be liable because they did not do the job properly

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds