Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Failed Rlink 2 update from 2.2.19.300 to 3.3.16.981 - Black screen 1 year 2 months ago #1

• Searcher
  • Searcher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone,In an attempt to upgrade from V2.2 to 3.3 (for getting AA), I had a bad experience today. In my 2016 Kadjar, that originally had 2.2.17.803 version, I first updated the software to 2.2.19.300 by downloading directly from Renault. The upgrade went fine. But when I tried to upgrade from 2.2.19.300 to 3.3.16.981, the upgrade never finished. In the beginning I saw two notices of upgrading in progress then the black screen with no change for an hour. I had to switch the car off. Now, screen is black (no loop etc.) and apparently usb's (that are used for upgrading or degrading) are not getting any power either (not charging phone etc.). Many other accessories like lane assist, parking sensor etc. are not working. Any suggestion on what might have gone wrong and what can be done?What I have tried so far with no benefit:
1. Hard resetting by pressing on-off button for reasonably long time. 
2. Pressing home, volume up and down button at the same time for about a minute for going in Emergency download mode to allow downgrade. I downloaded downgrade file from higher version to 2.2.19.300 but that is just an .lgu file with no .pem or .sig files. Though I didn't get an opportunity of using but should there be three files or just one .lgu?

Elsewhere I read that disconnecting battery for 10mins or so may help rebooting. The question is whether I should remove just the positive or both terminals?

There is also some mention of Pyren code for units that went black, primarily due to pressing some wrong buttons in debugging mode etc. but I am not sure if that is of any use in this case of not. Anyone who tried those code?

Any suggestions?
 Thanks in advance.   

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds