Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Glitchy Instrument Display 1 month 4 weeks ago #1

• Pettsvaldo
  • Pettsvaldo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi

My problem: everytime I start up my car, the instrument display is corrupted. I've attached a picture as an example...

So, each time I get in, I have to go to System > Display > Instrument and pick a different display option. It doesn't matter which I pick - just making a change rectifies the glitching (although, just changing the colour solves nothing - I have to change the style).

​​​​Clearly, the screen isn't knackered so I'm assuming it's a software issue. And it feels like it should be easy to fix...but I've made no progress so far. 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

I hard reset the system. Then I registered with R-Link but it isn't offering any firmware upgrades (I'm on 2.2.19.300, boot release 4002).

I'm now considering the unofficial upgrade route but am wary of making matters worse so if there's a less invasive solution, I'd prefer that.
  • ​​Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?
  • Can I reflash the existing firmware in some way to eliminate the corruption?
  • If I have to do the upgrade to v3, is there a foolproof (well, at much as that's possible!) guide and "best" downloads?
​​​​​​
It's a Renault Kadjar Dynamique Nav dCi 110 Auto EDC (registered June 2016).

Thanks in advance.

Kristian

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Pettsvaldo.

Glitchy Instrument Display 4 weeks 1 day ago #2

• Pettsvaldo
Looks unlikely but just bumping this in case anyone has any thoughts.
Thanks
Petts

Glitchy Instrument Display 3 weeks 6 days ago #3

• Pettsvaldo
Upgraded the r-link (as per  Duracell's post)  and it appears to have gone without a hitch. But it's made no difference to my actual issue, unfortunately (the glitchy instrument display / panel / cluster, that is)!

Given that you can change some elements of the instrument display through the r-link interface, it's clear there's a link between the two displays but is there different software running the two?  Or put another way, is there a way to upgrade / reinstall the instrument display software that is seperate from the popular r-link upgrade process?

Alternatively, is  there possibly a solution within the Developer tools / DDT menu that many of you seemed to get a lot of joy from?
Thanks.

Last edit: by Pettsvaldo.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds