Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Setting up email on R Link 5 years 6 months ago #1

• AndyB53
  • AndyB53's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Help please!!

I have spent my life around computers and software but the R LINK software is by far the least "user friendly" I have ever experienced  Setting up the toolbox and USB stick has been a nightmare!  I now cant seem to be able to set up email to it.  I have set up my username and password and also the email account settings (host, ssl  etc etc)   I have tried both POP and IMAP but it simply will not see my email account.  My phone is paired and allows data etc but still no.  Any advice very welcome. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Setting up email on R Link 5 years 6 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I have used the email app in the past and tried it again recently but it does not seem to be working. I think there is an issue with Renault's network as my weather app is still not working as well. The email app does not use your phone for the connection as it uses the Rlink2 built in Sim.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Setting up email on R Link 5 years 6 months ago #3

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
Hi AndyB53 and welcome

welcome also the the strange world of the Renault R-Link 

my advice is to give up and start drinking heavily this of course will not solve your problem but, you wont care as much when it drives you mad. 

no Andy i have had the same problems as have many members, it all depends on what version you have, 1,2,or 3 to how your task can be accomplished. 

one of the members will have cracked it so hang on i am sure they will be along soon (Smug Gits for getting it working) 
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

Setting up email on R Link 5 years 6 months ago #4

• AndyB53
I have a brand new Kadjar Nav "S" Auto   And it is fitted with  R link 2.   The set up of R link is driving me bloody crazy!  Nothing is as it should be according to the full manual (that even after spending £25,000+ on the car, Renault could not supply with it)   I consider myself very computer literate but cant do it.  Some little old lady would have no chance.  My local Renault dealer (Hendy Eastbourne)  cant advise  HELP!!

Setting up email on R Link 5 years 6 months ago #5

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

I have a brand new Kadjar Nav "S" Auto   And it is fitted with  R link 2.   The set up of R link is driving me bloody crazy!  Nothing is as it should be according to the full manual (that even after spending £25,000+ on the car, Renault could not supply with it)   I consider myself very computer literate but cant do it.  Some little old lady would have no chance.  My local Renault dealer (Hendy Eastbourne)  cant advise  HELP!!

Your dealer is the same as mine!
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Setting up email on R Link 5 years 6 months ago #6

• AndyB53
Hi
Thank you for this.  I must admit I had no idea the R  link system was a stand alone with it's own SIM (Again no information of any kind from Renault.  Grrrrrr) 

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds