Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Email and Weather Forecast Apps not working. 5 years 6 months ago #1

• duracel3634
  • duracel3634's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
This is an ongoing issue whereby the Email and Weather App open perfectly fine but will not connect to the relevant Service.

I have been in touch with the Rlink part of Renault Customer Services last Thursday who sent me information through to get information from the Rlink to pass on to them which I did on Friday. I also stated that I believe the problem is down to the fact my Discovery Service is not active which I believe is required for both these Apps to fully function.

The First Tier of Customer Services do not agree, but hey what do I know other than what I read, and asked for additional info with pictures to be sent on Monday which I did not do until Tuesday and more today. All this information has now been escalated to the Tier 2 team.

Just to try the Data Link from the car, which I told them I had done, I ordered and downloaded the Calculator App from the car with no problem.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Email and Weather Forecast Apps not working. 5 years 5 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Had a quick chat with a Tier 1 representative at CS yesterday for an update and she claimed that she personally only knew of one other person with the same issue and this is not a common problem.  The Tier 2 team are still investigating.

Has anyone else here got the same issue and, keeping it simple, let's say just the Weather Forcast App.

It would be interesting to know if, working or not, the Discovery Services are ON or OFF for you, shown in the rlinkstore under My Products, as am still of the opinion this is the problem.

One additional piece of info I would like to know, if your Weather App is working, do you also have a current subscription to Coyote?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06

Email and Weather Forecast Apps not working. 5 years 5 months ago #3

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
My Coyote has expired (never used it and never will), but the Weather app is working.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: duracel3634

Last edit: by AOne.

Email and Weather Forecast Apps not working. 5 years 5 months ago #4

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

My Coyote has expired (never used it and never will), but the Weather app is working.

Thank you, can you please confirm whether you have an active subscription to Discovery Services, shown in the rlinkstore under My Products as I think it should be active for the Weather App to work?

Email and Weather Forecast Apps not working. 5 years 5 months ago #5

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: duracel3634

Email and Weather Forecast Apps not working. 5 years 5 months ago #6

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
.Thanks AOne, it would seem I have to eat humble pie! I guess I'm wrong about having the discovery service to make it work even though within the requirements shown in the car it States Discovery Service required.

Which firmware do you have installed 2.2.19.300 ?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds