Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What is the latest software release? 5 years 3 months ago #7

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Kadjars sold n Eastern and most of  central Europe, don't have DAB. So far I've only seen British and German owners mentioning it.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AOne.

What is the latest software release? 5 years 3 months ago #8

• ME13Andy
  • ME13Andy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
If you look at the latest brochure it does state that GT-Line built in the 1st 8 weeks won't have DAB. I had already ordered it by the time I noticed, and consequently, Renault gave me a nice cash gift, roof bars and a full tank of petrol.
It's not that big an issue for me as I use an App on Android Auto anyway (the wife uses Apple Carplay). Would have been useful to have for the parents, but not such an issue for me.........but if the hardware is there then I might be able to enable it at a later date.

2019 Titanium 1.3 TCE 140 GT-LINE
Running Rlink 2 Version: 7
Map Version: V2017.12

What is the latest software release? 5 years 3 months ago #9

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Thanks for the explanation Andy. After reading your post I looked at my new Kadjar brochure which I have on my desktop as a pdf. I can find no reference to DAB not being available for the first eight weeks. When you ordered the car was this point mentioned at any time by the salesman, or did you first know about it on picking up the car? What was the reason given for having no DAB. Thanks.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

What is the latest software release? 5 years 3 months ago #10

• ME13Andy
  • ME13Andy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2

Thanks for the explanation Andy. After reading your post I looked at my new Kadjar brochure which I have on my desktop as a pdf. I can find no reference to DAB not being available for the first eight weeks. When you ordered the car was this point mentioned at any time by the salesman, or did you first know about it on picking up the car? What was the reason given for having no DAB. Thanks.

It is only an issue with the UK GT-Line  - if you read the specs page for the GT-Line you'll see it mentioned in the small print underneath.
The dealer wasn't aware until I pointed it out and asked the question - that's why they got me such a good discount on it :D

I suspect, that if my head unit goes belly up (which isn't entirely unlikely in my experience) then it'll probably get replaced with the full unit.

2019 Titanium 1.3 TCE 140 GT-LINE
Running Rlink 2 Version: 7
Map Version: V2017.12
The following user(s) said Thank You: PatWar

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds