Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New R-Link system and now issues creating R-Link store account. 5 years 2 months ago #1

• Rickskii
  • Rickskii's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi There, just bought a 2017 Kadjar. I was told the stereo was not working, therefore my complete system would be changed, which it was.

All well and good i thought.....

I have just updated to 2.2.19.300 which went ok, then i tried to get an R-Link store account, this is where it went wrong.

It asked for some details on the first sign up page which is fine. On the second page it asks for your R-Link system info the HUID info long number.

I have tried the advice that has been offered by dropping the first three letters usually CAP.

Then i get this message and can not go any further:

The vehicle identification number and the R-Link serial number do not match!

What to do now? No account no dice.......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New R-Link system and now issues creating R-Link store account. 5 years 2 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
As this is a second hand car, I'm not sure whether the original owners account info has to be cancelled before you can set your account up?

You are correct about dropping the first 3 digits of the Rlink Reg number usually CAP.

I would clarify with Customer Services whether there is an active account and they may even guide you first hand for setting up the account.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rickskii

New R-Link system and now issues creating R-Link store account. 5 years 2 months ago #3

• don
  • Thank you received: 8
I also had a similar problem - I purchased a 2016 Kadjar and when I transferred my Rlink account from my last Renault to the Kadjar, the Rlink just locked me out.

I had to contact the Rlink tech support team, and in fairness they were very helpful. It took them a week to sort out my Rlink account on the Kadjar, what ever happened.

New R-Link system and now issues creating R-Link store account. 5 years 2 months ago #4

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
The dealer who replaced device did not update new identification number of R-Link into global system to match with your car...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

New R-Link system and now issues creating R-Link store account. 5 years 2 months ago #5

• Rickskii
  • Rickskii's Avatar Topic Author
Response from R-Link technical assistance.

Thanks for help guys.

Yes, the issue is very likely to be to do with the fact that the device has been replaced, but the Dealer not having completed the device replacement process. Therefore, the new Serial number is not tied to the Renault servers. 

To resolve this issue, you will need to visit a Renault Dealership with the vehicle so that they can link their technology directly. Therefore, please contact your preferred Renault Dealership and book an appointment with them.

After booking the appointment it is imperative that you provide me with the following information as soon as possible, so that I can then contact the Dealership via phone call and pass on the technical information pertaining to exactly what work needs to be carried out on the vehicle. They will need to be in receipt of this information in advance of your appointment: 

-The name of the Dealership 
-The address of the Dealership   
-Date and time of the appointment

Please also send me the R-Link 2's new Serial number and the vehicle's VIN number. 

New R-Link system and now issues creating R-Link store account. 4 years 7 months ago #6

• hanogluxx
I have the same problem. Vin VF1RFD00456248834 new Serial number SAKS016576000061

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds