Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Lost rear-view camera, sensors, temperature switched to F etc... 5 years 3 weeks ago #7

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
With this specific update, the RLink would receive the option to use Android Auto. It would be updated to Version 7 of the software (Renault's goal is to minimize the different software versions to only one - V7). The problem is, it requires a very skilled technicians obviously, cause many have failed (even in Germany - a nation of engineers ;) ). What surprises me more is the fact, they've managed to bring it back to life. Most of them leave the units in dead condition and order a replacement. This means, after they did the easy part (nearly bricking the device), afterwards have obviously started to hustle through the net and found the way to revive it (which was first achieved a week ago).
duracel3634 is right - it might be for good. If they can't fix it, it'll be replaced under warranty with a new device, hopefully V3, though it would take time to wait for delivery, cause the problem is really massive and many are waiting...
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Allways_1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AOne.

Lost rear-view camera, sensors, temperature switched to F etc... 5 years 3 weeks ago #8

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
In which city they fail with update? Zagreb? Make a complain to Renault Hrvatska. If you have all proves that car was maintain under maintanance plan (meaning receives of inspections from previous owner or notes in Renault.net about that) the deaker will replace unit like it or not.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Lost rear-view camera, sensors, temperature switched to F etc... 5 years 3 weeks ago #9

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
R-Link, the very mention of it t...........................................................

Lost rear-view camera, sensors, temperature switched to F etc... 5 years 3 weeks ago #10

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
There are not many cars out there that don't have ongoing issues or ever had issues.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Lost rear-view camera, sensors, temperature switched to F etc... 5 years 2 weeks ago #11

• Darwinmon
  • Thank you received: 0
Here in South Africa, Renault tried doing a SW update to fix a intermittent problem I had with my R-link ( it kept resetting itself to default) and I ended with the same problem you have. I took it back to fix and they bricked it trying to do another update to fix the problem. I am still waiting for replacement unit after 6 weeks driving around in silence with a black screen. Good luck

Lost rear-view camera, sensors, temperature switched to F etc... 5 years 2 weeks ago #12

• Allways_1
  • Allways_1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi everyone,
I have an appoinent tomorrow at the service. Hoping for the best!
I did contact Renault Croatia, they are helpfull. Thank you all for the help!
Will let you know about the outcome tomorrow!
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds