Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Lost rear-view camera, sensors, temperature switched to F etc... 5 years 3 weeks ago #1

• Allways_1
  • Allways_1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Good day,
Went to the Service yesterday to change cabin filter. Also told the personnel that Cruise control and rear-view camera sometimes have a glitch.
Came to pick the car and payed for the service but personnel informed me that they can not switch radio off and that the system is measuring temperature in F instead of C. It was closing time do I set in the car and:
• when inserting in "reverse" the parking camera does not turn on.
• none of the sensors detects the presence of objects.
• R-Link displays the temperature in F and does not measure the same.
• R-Link can only be turned off when you lock the vehicle.
Person in charge of garage asked if I messed with SW? I only made a update to 2.2.19.300 2 months ago.

I compared the SW in R-Link, when I arrived for the service software version was 2.2.19.300, boot 4992. Now is 2.2.19.300, boot 5615.

So far no reply from Renault in my country and the dealership.
Did anyone had similar problems?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lost rear-view camera, sensors, temperature switched to F etc... 5 years 3 weeks ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
All the symptoms described are corresponding to unsuccessful attempt to update (the ACTIS 49605 sollution) and reviving the RLink to some "operational" state. Probably the technicians in the service tried to make the upgrade, the RLInk went black and they've managed to bring it back to life with some of the functions not working. They should admit their mistake, not to play dumb.

ACTIS theme in DE forum
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: needone, Allways_1

Last edit: by AOne.

Lost rear-view camera, sensors, temperature switched to F etc... 5 years 3 weeks ago #3

• Allways_1
AOne, thank you for the information.
I have an appointment with service soon, I hope that they are able to fix the issue.
Spent some time reading the link you provided, huh, some people had to have R-Link replaced.
I hope that I will not have to go in that direction..

Lost rear-view camera, sensors, temperature switched to F etc... 5 years 3 weeks ago #4

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Yes. When I ask lately for any kind of possible upgrade of R-Link, officiel representative at garage said that not to do... a lot of issues, still have one year of warranty/my revision so they probably will fix that once...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Lost rear-view camera, sensors, temperature switched to F etc... 5 years 3 weeks ago #5

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I am guessing Allways_1 is in Austria and it is always interesting to hear what dealers in other countries are doing.
I agree with AOne that this does look very suspicious and the only conclusion can be that the firmware update has been attempted.
On a positive note, if your dealer actually admits they are at fault, you should look at the hardware replacement as a positive thing as you gain Android Auto and I believe Car Play which is a benefit.
Please let us know the outcome.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Lost rear-view camera, sensors, temperature switched to F etc... 5 years 3 weeks ago #6

• Allways_1
Hi, I am in Croatia, so that is my worry.
Bought a car from Germany few months ago in a Tip-Top condition. Still has an extended factory warranty.
What really pisses me of is why wold you update a software in car if there is no issue with R-Link.
For sure is that firmware update has been attempted since there is different boot id at the system. I think that a technician has to be well skilled in order to fix the issue, and I worry about that also!
Honestly, I do not want the hustle with the dealer, just want my car back!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds