• Page:

TOPIC:

R-Link issue now understood but not cured 5 years 3 weeks ago #1

• turboted10
  • turboted10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
From day one, and had the car for over 2.5 years now, my Rlink system has had an anowing quirk that drives you to distraction. I don't do many long journeys these days but after a busy easter weekend with several long journeys I now get a better view of what is going on.

The issue has always been that when I get a speed camera ahead warning, reduce your speed, the warning repeats about every 20 seconds and will not shut down. Turning sat nav of has no bearing, only stopping the engine and restarting resets things.
However after several periods where this went on for 10 mins or more I finally twigged to what is happening. It always seems to be where there was once an average or mobile camera site. If I enter one of these zones at as little as 1mph over the warning the messages start and will not stop until I reach the next change of speed limit sign which given that normal roads don't display 60mph signs, it can be 10 miles or 10 mins before the stop of their own accord. Provided I don't exceed that limit the warnings stop.

Weird stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds