Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Adding DAB capability to 2019 R-Linnk 2 v7? 5 years 3 weeks ago #1

• ME13Andy
  • ME13Andy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
I have a 2019 GT-Line and, as it was one of the first made (and despite having a v7 R-Link 2) has no DAB. Whilst I got a significant discount because of this, I would like to add this (or be the only car this side of 2015 without DAB).

Does anyone know if the R-Link 2 has the DAB capability built within, or is it a separate module?
Can I merely add the aerial and antenna, or do I need to buy a whole extra addition?
How hard will this be to do?
If it's a separate module then can I merely purchase a used one and install myself, or will this be linked to the car VIN/Chassis in the same way as the R-Link itself?

2019 Titanium 1.3 TCE 140 GT-LINE
Running Rlink 2 Version: 7
Map Version: V2017.12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Adding DAB capability to 2019 R-Linnk 2 v7? 5 years 3 weeks ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
It's a different module, but don't know if it can be added. I've seen pictures of circuit boards with and without DAB and they look different.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Adding DAB capability to 2019 R-Linnk 2 v7? 4 years 11 months ago #3

• viksltn
  • Thank you received: 0
I’ve just picked up my 2019 GT Line and no DAB either. Rang Renault UK who put me through to their Multimedia team. Provided my reg/VIN and told this radio/model doesn’t come with DAB?

I told her that your brochure and website are providing false information if that’s the case. She said to speak to CS and advise them of the incorrect information. I have a feeling she doesn’t know what she’s talking about!

Did you get to the bottom of this?

Adding DAB capability to 2019 R-Linnk 2 v7? 4 years 11 months ago #4

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I went to my dealer yesterday to book mine in for a service and I asked the sales department about this issue of the DAB not being supplied in the 2019 cars and was informed of the following:
Renault wanted to get the cars out on time for the release date but the electronics were not available to them for the DAB, supplier issue, so in order to promote the car dealers were instructed to use the cars as demos/display and then sell them off at a discounted rate to reflect use as demo and the fact DAB is not fitted. They should have also informed the buyer why they are being sold at a discounted rate.

Since these early builds all the cars specified as having DAB are supplied with DAB.

Also had a little look around the new S model I think it was, I do like the new Rlink screens having touch sensitive buttons to switch on and off etc rather than physical buttons. Couldn't play for long as the Ball and Chain dragged me out!
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds