Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink2 dead 4 years 5 months ago #13

• Lynch
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks for the hint Gat!
I disconnected the car battery for 10 minutes & it's come back to life (with all the default settings).
That has also now enabled me to download the 'essential update' from the Renault connect site & I've now updated the R-Link from a USB stick. All seems good again.
I did try the button pressing ideas that people suggested first, but they didn't work as the R-Link seemed totally dead..... it was the 10 minutes car battery disconnect that did the trick. Thanks for all the help & suggestions :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink2 dead 4 years 4 months ago #14

• Lynch
Going on from the fix that recently worked, my R-Link2 worked for about 10 days then went blank once again.
I did the 'battery disconnect' fix again and it has restored it once more. I didn't need to update the firmware again as it appears to have retained the update I did after the last incident.
It's still working but I fear that since it has now failed twice, the unit will fail again sometime in the future. As the car is still within warranty, I've had the local dealer check it over with their diagnostics unit and they have confirmed the R-Link2 has indeed failed & needs replacing.
Currently awaiting a spare unit to be delivered & then fitting......
Although its not great that I've had two significant problems with a car that's less than a year old (the first was a faulty alarm that went off for no reason), I'm actually pleased that the dealer has found a 'proper' problem & positive steps are being taken to rectify the issue !

RLink2 dead 4 years 4 months ago #15

• gat
  • gat's Avatar Topic Author
That's worrying me a bit. Mine has been ok since my original fix about 5 weeks ago. My warranty runs out next month so if it is going to fail again then I hope it does it soon.

RLink2 dead 4 years 4 months ago #16

• squilly
  • Thank you received: 10
Possibly should be a new topic in another section.

My Rlink2 screen has gone blank spontaneously a couple of times, but reappeared after a long press of the on/off button to reboot.

My warranty runs out in June, so I am pondering an extended warranty with a third party company in the UK. Before I start comparing what is on offer, anyone here had good or bad experience with any of them?
2016 1.5 dCi Signature Nav 5d EDC in Flame Red
Running Rlink 2 Version: 7.0.24.161 Boot 5615
First registered 06/2016

RLink2 dead 4 years 4 months ago #17

• Lynch
if it's any help, when I took the Kadjar into the dealer after 2 failures, the R-Link unit was working (as I had done 'the fix'). They still managed to diagnose that the unit was faulty & needed replacement, so maybe the car ECU or something keeps a fault history file that the dealers can check on?
If anyone has experienced failures, it might be worth getting the dealer to plug the car in & check for faults before the warranty runs out, even if the R-Link is currently working?
Mine's now booked in in a fortnight for the R-link replacement. Sounds expensive as the dashboard has to come out to fit the replacement unit. Good job its still under warranty !

RLink2 dead 4 years 1 month ago #18

• Lynch
OK, it's been almost 3 months since I posted that last update, so I thought I'd post a quick update on developments........
The dealer replaced the R-Link-2 unit under warranty (full day job with dashboard out apparently).

All was OK for about three weeks. Then it went dead once more.
Another trip to the dealer & they booked it in to plug into their computer; re-booted it & did some checks. They said this time the screen was at fault & would book it in to be replaced. As they re-booted the unit, it worked for a bit longer (about 10 days) & went blank once again.

So it went in & had the screen replaced. That was about 3 weeks ago. So far, it's still working ok. Fingers crossed.
To be fair, the dealer has been doing what they can to fix the issue & I can't fault their service. I've had the car about 12 months now & hope it's finally sorted !
The following user(s) said Thank You: duracel3634, AOne

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds