Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

GPS Fault 4 years 1 month ago #13

• duracel3634
  • duracel3634's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
The car went back in last Monday for the phone issue and has now been sorted.
After multiple calls to Renault by the dealer it was decided that the system download they did was somehow corrupted hence the issue, just hope it was not me installing the Android Auto that did it, which I removed before the car went back.
The Climate controls and display now working again, apparently the mechanic that carried out the original works was a little sheepish about the cause but it was felt by others that he forgot to plug something back in.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

GPS Fault 4 years 1 month ago #14

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Installed Android Auto again last weekend and there does not appear to be any clash yet with other operations with RLink, just a shame the only way it connects is via USB.
Yet to take the car for a run and test it out fully, Covid19 has a lot to answer for!
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06

GPS Fault 4 years 1 month ago #15

• Trak-X
  • Thank you received: 8
@duracel3634 i did notice while activating functions on my player, there is a function for wireless connection or something like that. Has someone tried to activate it to see if we can use Wireless AA ?

I am still to do so after this pandemie stuff goes away.
1.6 dCi - 4WD - Brown (2016)

RLink 2 - V3.3.16.961
Here Maps (Q2/2019) / TomTom POIs / SpeedCams (06.2019)

GPS Fault 4 years 1 month ago #16

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Yes, I noticed that and did try it when I was first trying to set up AA, before the issue was found with the firmware download, and never tried it again. I think the fact the guys that originally found the workaround to get AA have not mentioned it suggests it is known functional for the purposes of AA.

Took the car out for a spin yesterday across town, essential time out to Tesco before anyone says anything, I tried the Google Maps Navigation and the one thing I did notice was that whilst the map was in miles, car speedo was in miles, the nav guidance next to the speedo was in km, what have I missed? I was going to try Waze but did not have it set up at the time so might try that another time.

Whilst on the subject of Tesco, no queue shelves reasonably well stocked, even with the elusive toilet rolls which I still can't get my head around why people were stocking up so much with them, at 17:30hrs.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds