Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

GPS Fault 4 years 1 month ago #1

• duracel3634
  • duracel3634's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Well Boys and Girls, I'm still here but been busy with other projects and just been keeping a casual eye on the Forum. I guess as I have not heard any complaints all is well with everyone and you know where I am if you have any problems with the site or you want anything added or changed.

Anyway now for the my personal entry, on the way back from Colchester in late February, my Rlink was telling me it had lost GPS signal periodically and then the Sat Nav would not work. This fault was quite random and unpredictable. The next time I used the car all was OK but on future uses the error was reoccurring.

Whilst the car is just coming up to 4 years old, I bought it at a time when it had a 4 year warranty which I am very thankful for right now and I have been told that the GPS requires the Rlink to be replaced and, shock horror the price of replacement is, wait for it, 800 - 1000 GBP including tax !!!

Anyone else had a similar problem?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:GPS Fault 4 years 1 month ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Sounds like e loose connection to me.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:GPS Fault 4 years 1 month ago #3

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
My understanding is that there is damaged wiring and the tech guy said that he will replace the whole unit. Now what will really impress me is if I get V3 firmware, but I won't hold my breath !
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06

Re:GPS Fault 4 years 1 month ago #4

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
You will get V7 or even V9 version of software... V3 is obsolete.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Re:GPS Fault 4 years 1 month ago #5

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I will be well happy with that, if that is the case, Android Auto here I come:woohoo: :-)

Now was told that they are ordering the unit Monday and it will arrive during the week, umm, based on delivery times I have seen in the Forum I will believe that when I see it.
Anyone in the UK experienced an Rlink2 replacement yet?

Re:GPS Fault 4 years 4 weeks ago #6

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I was advised yesterday that the new Rlink uint is now at the dealer and they want to fit Friday. Unfortunately my car will not be available to them until 29th and knowing my luck we will probably all be in lockdown by then!!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds