Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
Welcome to the Renault Kadjar Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Radiator Problem 2 years 10 months ago #1

• terryp
  • terryp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Just taken my Kadjar in to my local dealer as I'd noticed some fluid on my driveway this morning. After looking at it, they told me it was a radiator leaking and on subsequent examination, it appears that something managed to get behind the fan and damage the radiator. I will need a new radiator but as the damage was not as a result of a faulty part, guess what, it will not be covered by the warranty although the car is barely 1 year old and has covered less than 2000 miles.
The expected bill will be in the order of £700!!
The service manager has offered to talk to Renault to see if "they will make a contribution".
I'm feeling pretty sore about this as it's certainly not due to any negligence on my part..
Has anyone any suggestions as to how I can avoid this stitch up, or failing that, has anyone had any similar experience?
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Radiator Problem 2 years 10 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I'm really sorry to disappoint you, but this is not Renault's fault neither. Just bad luck. If it was my car, it would be covered under insurance.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:Radiator Problem 2 years 10 months ago #3

• terryp
  • terryp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19

AOne post=8947

I'm really sorry to disappoint you, but this is not Renault's fault neither. Just bad luck. If it was my car, it would be covered under insurance.

You may be right but when I bought a brand new car with a 5year 100,000 mile warranty, the thought of extra insurance for repairs didn't cross my mind.

2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds