Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
Welcome to the Renault Kadjar Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kadjar Alarm Problem 5 years 3 months ago #1

• Ryszard
  • Ryszard's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi All

I purchased a new Kadjar 1.3 petrol on the 14 Jan 2019 and was pleased to find this forum.  I do not want this to sound like a moan as I am very happy with the car apart from this issue. 
Within a couple of days the alarm would sound and the lights flash.  This would sound for 30 minutes with me pressing the unlock on my key card and then lock again about 10 times at three minute intervals.
At first I thought this a spurious happening but this was repeated at least once a day.
On ringing the Renault help line I was told to press the start ignition button in the car 5 times to disable internal alarm functions - this did not work.
My local Renault Dealer (Dunfermline) told me they could have me in to check it out in two weeks after confirming that this was a known fault.
As  this was annoying having to stand out in sub zero weather I called Arnold Clark (Grangemouth) from where I bought the car.
They agreed to take my car in immediately and came back to say the tilt switch was at fault but would disable this function for me as no stock was held and would return my car until they had a part.
I have read hear another two posts about this issue so I thought I would write this for members information that this fault is still out there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kadjar Alarm Problem 5 years 3 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I think this fault has been around for a while, the alarm on mine was changed just before I took delivery, allegedly, and that was May 2016!
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by duracel3634.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds