Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
Welcome to the Renault Kadjar Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Nice to meet you 4 years 9 months ago #1

• Trak-X
  • Trak-X's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi everyone.
Very please to find this place with so many useful details on how to fix / improve stuff in the car.

I just did a switch from Megane 3 (11.2010) , 1.5 Diesel - 90HP to Kadjar 4WD (11.2016) - 1.6 Diesel - 131HP.
I am extremely happy with my purchase, but i want to do some changes, cause the previous owner was not so techy and didnt care about these so much. The car still has 5 months of warranty so i cannot go to deep into thinkering with the system, but still i want to activate AA, enable Video while Driving (for kids to watch cartoons), DRL lights dim while using blinkers, to remove the Eco flower from the dashboard and replace it the average consumption or something else.

For AA i've read all 61 pages and asked what i was not sure (the right value to fix the rear cam), and for the rest, i saw a few videos on YouTube and downloaded the tutorials here. The only issue i have is actually related to hardware, as i dunno what obd2 adapter to purchase from my country Romania. As far as i understand, some work, some do not.
Any other advice is appreciated.

Also, i plugged in a 32GB stick into USB1, power the unit and wrote some files on the stick. Place it into the laptop, downloaded the Rlink Toolbox and got an update for the map 16.12. which probably means 12.2016, downloaded, but when i plug it in the car, nothing happens. As details, my car has the following:

Software Vers: 2.2.18.590
Boot: 5327
Navigation info: 9.12.80.689874

Now, i am not sure how to proceed next. Should i go to the dealer store and have them upgrade the system to version 7.xx, should i do the unofficial 3.3 update? Boyko's advice would be to go with 3.3 official, which i am inclined to do, but maybe someone did the upgrade in the service center and can offer us more details.

1.6 dCi - 4WD - Brown (2016)

RLink 2 - V3.3.16.961
Here Maps (Q2/2019) / TomTom POIs / SpeedCams (06.2019)

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nice to meet you 4 years 9 months ago #2

• gsa1967
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
Very nice color.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trak-X

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds