Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Winter tyres/wheels and TPMS 5 years 7 months ago #1

• reiersen
  • reiersen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello: I usually fit winter tyres on a spare set of rims and use throughout a north wales winter, keeping my usual set in the garage.  I have a set of tyres ready, and am intending to get a set of second hand rims - probably from a qashqai as they are easier to find.  My question: will I just have to accept the TPMS warning light being permanently on?  Or can I fir another set of TPMS valves at somewhere such as National Tyres - and if so, will there be a problem with the car recognising the changed TPMS valves when I then swap back to my normal rims/tyres come-April? I hope this makes sense !  Thanks...
CSR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Winter tyres/wheels and TPMS 5 years 7 months ago #2

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
I got a spare alloy 19 inch for min off another car, when I fitted it because the one tyre was low tread the car did not recognise the wheel so reset the tpms in the r link and it was fine not had a problem not sure if I will have to reset again if I use the wheel as a spare. Or if it’s still recognised. I hope this helps 

Winter tyres/wheels and TPMS 5 years 7 months ago #3

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Buy another set of valves (something like 35 euro for a set of 4 from the dealer) and on replacement, just Reset the Pressure monitor in RLink. After replacing the tires set, it usually takes a little bit longer, to find the new (secondary) one, but works always. Just fitted my winter set again today and after 10 minutes or 3 km, the values appeared on the screen. Sometimes it takes longer - 20 min or 30 km an more. Just be patient.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.

Winter tyres/wheels and TPMS 5 years 7 months ago #4

• reiersen
  • reiersen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
A quick update - thanks for the replies.  I spoke to Renault and had a few different - and inconsistent - views.  Ultimately, it is probably simplest for me to go to National Tyres, or wherever, and simply change the tyres twice per year.  More expensive in the long run, but less likely to have any issues.  Separately, I also have conflicting views about whether I could swap wheels with TPMS from from to rear to even out tyre wear.  At least by changing tyres I can swap front/rear tyres when I put my summer ones back on and hopefully avoid any potential issues.  I do wonder whether all this technology really  helps at times!  Thanks again.
CSR

Winter tyres/wheels and TPMS 5 years 7 months ago #5

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
sorry guys i don't have a comment on snow tires something i have never tried, but to be honest i don't think in the UK they are of much use, (before you shout at me) Scotland and areas that do get a lot of snow, the research i have done shows they are worth the change.

personally i would visit  a scrap yard or online to find replacement hubs to have them fitted too.

does the QQ wheels fit the Kadjar? there must be loads of them written off to get a set of rims 
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

Winter tyres/wheels and TPMS 5 years 7 months ago #6

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

sorry guys i don't have a comment on snow tires something i have never tried, but to be honest i don't think in the UK they are of much use, (before you shout at me) Scotland and areas that do get a lot of snow, the research i have done shows they are worth the change.

personally i would visit  a scrap yard or online to find replacement hubs to have them fitted too.

does the QQ wheels fit the Kadjar? there must be loads of them written off to get a set of rims 

I used have Mud/Snow tyres on a Mk2 Transit in the 80's, brilliant for snow and mud until you got on wet roads!

I'm thinking of getting those all weather tyres Michelin have advertised on the TV in the past, or similar, when my Contis turn into slicks
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds