Kadjar Brake Pads Worn 5 years 10 months ago #1

• Shedder101
  • Shedder101's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
Posted December 16, 2016

Had my 2016 Kadjar, registered at end of January, in for a service today. I know it is a little early for a service but the media unit (rlink) was being replaced so killed two birds with one stone.

Anyway I got a call from the dealer telling me my rear brake pads are 90% worn and require replacing. The car is 11 months old and has 21,000 km on the clock. Majority of my driving is on motorways so braking is at a minimum for most journeys.

The front are 30% worn. The dealer provided me with a video of the service and this shows them worn. Screenshots attached from the video of front & rear brake pads.It doesn't seem correct that they are worn this much. Has anyone else had this issue with their brake pads? This seems to me to be very very quick to wear which makes me think it is an issue with the car. Something along the lines of the pad rubbing as I drive. 

front brake pad

rear pads
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Shedder101.

Kadjar Brake Pads Worn 5 years 10 months ago #2

• Shedder101
  • Shedder101's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
FRENCH CAR MANUFACTURER Renault has recalled more than 27,000 vehicles after discovering a fault with the braking system installed in some of its cars.

The recall notice relates to the Renault Captur model with a fault being discovered that could potentially affect the efficiency of the mini-SUV model.Cars produced in the UK and Ireland are affected, with around 1,400 of the models produce in Ireland between January 2013 and November 2014.It has been discovered that wheel arch liners had been positioned incorrectly, causing them to rub against the brake nose in the car.The vehicle has been produced since 2013 and won the ‘What Car? Best small SUV Less than £16,000′ in 2014.A spokesperson from Renault was quoted as saying that the fault is “not a ‘stop driving your car immediately’ issue” and that prior to any problems emerging “drivers would be alerted to the problem by a warning light on the dashboard”.
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

Last edit: by Shedder101.

Kadjar Brake Pads Worn 5 years 10 months ago #3

• Thank you received: 8
The Kadjar has Nissan Qasqai brakes, the Catptur most certainly does not.
My Kadjar has replaced rear pads also, but at approx. 30000 km. This in better than for some, but not good enough.

Last edit: by 1898.

Kadjar Brake Pads Worn 4 years 10 months ago #4

• hency
  • Thank you received: 1
Kadjar recently had its first service, 8500 miles. Was informed it needed new rear discs and pads! The warranty states that 'friction materials' are not covered but I argued that steel discs are not friction material and pad damage is 'consequential' due to faulty discs. They eventually replaced the lot, saving me about five hundred quid, under warranty. Are these items gold plated?

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds