Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Rear brake discs and pads needing replaced after 13,500miles 4 years 7 months ago #1

• gjx1990
  • gjx1990's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
I’m new here so sorry if this has been asked before. Couldn’t see a similar post. My story is I took my 2018 Renault Kadjar 1.5 dci Dynamique s auto for its 1 year service on the 14th April 2019. The garage came back to me and advised the rear brake discs were needing replaced as they were corroding and the rear brake pads were below the manufacturers recommended 7.5mm at 7mm and also needed replaced. I queried this with Evanshalshaw my dealer and said surely this is some kind of fault with the braking system as we use the car for 70% motorway driving and 30% town driving. They said they had checked and there was no issue and as it’s a wear and tear item it’s not covered by warranty and would cost £437 to repair. I wasn’t happy with this as it was a 1year old car with 10.5k on the clock and took the car away without the repairs and started a complaint with Renault,. Unfortunately due to family circumstances I had no time to chase up the useless case manager I was given and had to leave the complaint at this point. Last week when I was driving home I had issues with the brakes so I called the RAC. He advised the brake pad at the back right had worn to the metal, the car at this point had only done another 3k miles in 4 months. It had to go back to the dealer who have said again, wear and tear, Renault complaint was logged and they accepted the diagnosis from EvansHalshaw and are refusing to assist any further. I’ve got another indépendant garage going to the dealer tomorrow to pick the car up and do the repairs at almost half the price. The mechanic can’t believe the brakes have gone and this is the 4th mechanic to say this. Has anyone else had this issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rear brake discs and pads needing replaced after 13,500miles 4 years 7 months ago #2

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
I’ll think you’ll find they are trying to lift your leg.
There’s not that much more meat in the pads when new. The MOT limit is 1.5mm. As the rear brakes provide about 30 - -40% of the braking expect the discs to be less shinny then the front.

Rear brake discs and pads needing replaced after 13,500miles 4 years 7 months ago #3

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Was told at 20.000 miles the whole car needed new discs and pads all around at a cost of £1000. I refused and a local garage checked them because they said pads were 95% worn... So rears pads were changed by the local garage because they stripped it all down the pads were only 65% worn not 95%.. Keep on at Renault Uk say your going to take legal advice... Good luck hope you get it sorted

Rear brake discs and pads needing replaced after 13,500miles 4 years 7 months ago #4

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
13500 is a ridiculous amount of miles to have that kind of wear!
I have had mine since new and am around 13000 to 14000 miles and was serviced in May at 13025, no mention of brakes other than declaring checked but no measurement given.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Rear brake discs and pads needing replaced after 13,500miles 4 years 7 months ago #5

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
By the looks of it the dealer are not very supportive of your claim... As for taking it to Renault Uk keep on at them saying that I have tried to contact them 3 times this week only to have sat on the phone for 50 mins waiting for them to answer...

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds