Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Brake Pad noise when braking 4 years 7 months ago #1

• DAMO71
  • DAMO71's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Have an annoying loud clicking/snapping noise when braking, took it in to Arnold Clark and they said that it is the brake pads in the Callipers. Had rear discs and pads replaced in January and just replaced the fronts post Arnold Clark visit as they flagged up one of the discs as being worn. My mate who replaced the fronts said he has never seen so many clips on a brake calliper. Still making the noise after replacement.
My wife has a Kadjar and hers doesn't do it, she has a manual whilst mine is an automatic but cannot see that making a difference.
Anyone got any theories as to why its doing it. Wouldn't expect this from a car of a couple of years old.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Brake Pad noise when braking 4 years 7 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

Have an annoying loud clicking/snapping noise when braking, took it in to Arnold Clark and they said that it is the brake pads in the Callipers. Had rear discs and pads replaced in January and just replaced the fronts post Arnold Clark visit as they flagged up one of the discs as being worn. My mate who replaced the fronts said he has never seen so many clips on a brake calliper. Still making the noise after replacement.
My wife has a Kadjar and hers doesn't do it, she has a manual whilst mine is an automatic but cannot see that making a difference.
Anyone got any theories as to why its doing it. Wouldn't expect this from a car of a couple of years old.

Happens to me since day one. It's a common issue with Kadjars, so don't pay attention to it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds