Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Parking with handbrake off 4 years 4 months ago #1

• Puggers
  • Puggers's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi everybody,

I have looked through the forum but cannot find an answer to this query. Now that I am retired, I only use the car once or twice a week and, in the past, I have had problems with manual handbrakes sticking on. Until buying the Kadjar a year ago, I have always, therefore, parked my car in gear with the handbrake off but cannot find a way to do this with this electric handbrake. I have been having problems with the handbrake sticking on when first starting and I know how to release it manually by pushing the lever down with my foot on the brake with the engiine running but the handbrake is often reluctant to release. Is there any way of switching off the engine without having to have the handbrake on?. My local Renault garage has re-programmed the handbrake so at least the hill assist now works but they do not know if it is possible to have the handbrake off with the engine switched off. Does anybody have any ideas, please?

Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Parking with handbrake off 4 years 4 months ago #2

• Curious
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi there. I also have a Kadjar which has the sticking hand brake problem on occasions.
I’ve not tried on the Kadjar. But on my old Scenic, if you apply the foot brake with the engine off and push the button on the handbrake away it unlocks the handbrake.
Unfortunately, the software on the Kadjar isn’t as smart, so it may not work.
Worth a try?

Parking with handbrake off 4 years 4 months ago #3

• Puggers
Hi Curious,

Thank you for your reply. Unforunately that does not work, I have tried turning off the engine with the handbrake off and the footbrake depressed and the handbrake simply comes back on again. With the engine already off, even with the foot brake depressed, pressing down on the handbrake release has no effect!

Richard

Re:Parking with handbrake off 4 years 4 months ago #4

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
It is possible, but right now not sure how was it. Try pressing the on/off button twice when performing the procedure above. Or when the engine is not running, double press the start button to activate electrics, release the handbrake and just leave and lock the car.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:Parking with handbrake off 4 years 4 months ago #5

• Puggers
Hi there,

Thank you for that. I have just been out and tried your tip and, as you said, double pressing the start button to turn on the electrics then pushing down on the handbrake lever does work. The car is now successfully parked with the handbrake off. What a pity Renault does not make that clear in the handbook!

Thanks again,

Richard
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

Parking with handbrake off 4 years 4 months ago #6

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
The following user(s) said Thank You: tripletdad

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds