Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help please. 3 years 7 months ago #1

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
First off Hi everyone, just bought my 65 plate Kadjar, well impressed with. I'm looking for some advice please. I'm looking for somebody in the Manchester area that could supply and fit the conversion wiring loom that allows me to close my windows and fold the electric mirrors using the alarm fob. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help please. 3 years 7 months ago #2

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Have a look on AliExpress, there are boxes that plug in the allow this to happen, just one or two connections the rest is plug and play.
Presumably you have a switch to fold the mirrors in on the inside of the car. I have come across some earlier models that don’t have electric mirrors, in which case you’ll need a pair of mirrors and a loom etc.

Help please. 3 years 7 months ago #3

• Bazza
Hi thanks for the reply, looked at AliExpress and think that's where I was going to order the part from, spoke to a couple of local auto electricians but they don't do that job, something about coding with Renault, that's why I was hoping someone may know somebody Manchester area that could do it for me, my car does have electric mirrors, but seriously I'm so clumsy and heavy handed I would not attempt the job myself lol.

Help please. 3 years 7 months ago #4

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Unfortunately it’s a little more complicated as you’ll have to add electric mirrors to the vehicle to make the mm fold.
The models with folding mirrors have a switch next to the mirror adjustment on the door handle, it’s electric folding mirrors but manually activated.
These boxes were made for this type. There was no coding involved as it wasn’t part of the Rlink2 system then.
Ebay or a breakers yard would be the best place to source the mirrors, but you’ll still have to ‘plumb’ them into the car. Sometimes they use a common loom on the Kadjar so the cabling may already be there.

Help please. 3 years 7 months ago #5

• Bazza
Mine has the electric folding mirrors.

Help please. 3 years 7 months ago #6

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ah ok, I got the impression from somewhere it didn’t.

So you just need the box from AliExpress £28 ish most of it is plug and play into the switches in the door.
There is just two splices to collect the lock and unlock signals, again in the door. The rest is unplug a plug and plug the plug in the the original plug in to the box or flying lead. If you follow.

This is mine, it’s a genuine Nissan relay box, that was about all you could get hold a few years ago.
Search for Kadjar or qashqai devices they are the same!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds