Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

R-Link 2 Homescreen. What are the options please? 3 years 2 months ago #1

• GordonM
  • GordonM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
When I first picked up my new Kadjar the home screen, when first switched on, showed a split screen with radio stations and a nav picture of where I was! I did not want this so presed some more buttons and got an analogue clock which is ok - but this shows all the time I am driving.

On my previous Peugeot I could get the screen to show all the radio stations and what I was listening to with the info re. the tune/singer. I can not seem to get this to show all the time as a home screen? It does show the radio station next to the speedo but that is all!

I do not want a split screen but is that the only option?

Also on my Peugeot the screen was completely filled with the radio stations andabove was the notifications like temp/clock/date etc.

Thanks

Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

R-Link 2 Homescreen. What are the options please? 3 years 2 months ago #2

• BRUCE225
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Full screen

Like in this post

Last edit: by BRUCE225.

R-Link 2 Homescreen. What are the options please? 3 years 2 months ago #3

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
You can define 3 home screens by your choice. First home screen is reserved for profiles. So you can have more profiles for different drivers and according to selected profiles each can have 3 own home screens. You can also define which phone can only connect to selected profile... Read manuals how-to. Otherwise if you touch Radio gadget then you enter full scree and by selecting of view type you can have either list of preset (memorized stations) or simple tuner view as on you Peugeot. Just need to take manuals into a car and start to discover... it so simple to customize by your own desires...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: GordonM

Last edit: by Robertp.

R-Link 2 Homescreen. What are the options please? 3 years 2 months ago #4

• GordonM
Thanks Bruce225 and Robertp
I will look again at the books and ttry this out in my car tomorrow. I thought there was only one home screen. The picture shown looks different to my screen and the controls beneathare different.
I have the 2019 S model Kadjar.
Regards
Gordon

R-Link 2 Homescreen. What are the options please? 3 years 2 months ago #5

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Basically it is still R-Link2, but V9 of software has a slightly different features. And out of the box AA&CP connectivity. But still you can hack it and upload newer cards from HERE or TomTom.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: GordonM

R-Link 2 Homescreen. What are the options please? 3 years 2 months ago #6

• GordonM
Thanks so much to both of you. Robertp - I spent half an hour in the car yesterday and went through what you suggested and I managed to move widgets about and apply the ones I wanted to the home screen (I had not realised you could swipe to get more than one screen!!)

So I got a splitscreen with radio showing as I wanted and also a little nav screen which I presume moves with the car and I noticed that on it there was a circle with a speed notification which is similat to the one at top of screen on my Peugeot - so that iis ok.

Regards
Gordon

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds