Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Curious case of the dashcam that won't turn off... 3 years 11 months ago #1

• Fenlli
  • Fenlli's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
Hello - I wonder if I can ask for the views of those more tech-savvy than me (not difficult....!). My rear wiper stopped working and on checking I found that a piggy back fuse had come loose which had the wiper fuse and that for the dashcam. I popped it back in - see photo (it's the piggyback fuse with the green fuse covers in the photo - the other two piggy back fuses are for (I think) the parking sensors I had fitted a year ago).
Now - the wipers work fine, but the dashcam remains permanently powered on - as does the power to the rear wiper. Previously it switched itself off when the power was turned off.
So - I am mystified. Surely it must have been put back in the correct slot as the rear wiper is now working again, and it corresponds to the wiper slot on the fuse dioagram (photo also attached). But why does it appear to have morphed from a switched live into a permanent live? I can live with it, but have to remember to turn the dashcam off when I leave the car to avoid battery drain (I have disabled parking mode filming on the dashcam - a garmin 55).
Any thoughts most welcome. Thanks from an easily confused kadjar owner..!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Curious case of the dashcam that won't turn off... 3 years 11 months ago #2

• sistersvisions
  • Thank you received: 3
This may help, but i piggy backed mine to this fuse, and has been working fine for the last 9 months. Prehaps try this one instead :)

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Curious case of the dashcam that won't turn off... 3 years 11 months ago #3

• Fenlli
  • Fenlli's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
Thanks for the reply - I wondered about that one (replacing the fuse for the wiper directly and then piggy-backing onto the 10 amp accessory one you indicate) - but it seems to be blocked by another piggyback fuse for the parking sensors. I'm a little nervous about doing something entirely wrong given my lack of technical ability! Perhaps back to halfords (who fitted things originally)....

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds