Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Apple CarPlay 3 years 8 months ago #7

• Karl
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Just out of curiosity - what's the problem with you AA experience?
1,2 TCe EDC Night&Day prod. Oct. 2016
R-link 2 Ver. 7.0.24.161 (upgraded from 2.x by dealer).
Self activated Android Auto
Here maps

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Apple CarPlay 3 years 8 months ago #8

• kadjar162
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23

Just out of curiosity - what's the problem with you AA experience?

no major problems, a but buggy after last AA update like black screen on r-link when phone is locked, and a issue I had all time getting stuck from time to time (once a week) so need to reinsert USB cable and USB port is pretty warm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl

Apple CarPlay 3 years 8 months ago #9

• Karl
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
I run the AA Beta. Have no freezing or similair problems. Only, that the function of the apps, like Waze, is so stripped down in AA. I can't even search for petrol stations while driving...
1,2 TCe EDC Night&Day prod. Oct. 2016
R-link 2 Ver. 7.0.24.161 (upgraded from 2.x by dealer).
Self activated Android Auto
Here maps

Last edit: by Karl. Reason: Spelling mistake

Apple CarPlay 3 years 8 months ago #10

• kadjar162
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23

Ii run the AA Beta. Have no freezing or similair problems. Only, that the function of the apps, like Waze, is so stripped down in AA. I can't even search for petrol stations while driving...

Waze is pretty buggy for me in AA while Google maps works OK, now a question anyone have any idea how to install a WiFi modul to r-link or could recommend a device for wireless AA?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl

My2016 Kadjar CarPlay 3 years 7 months ago #11

• darenh
  • darenh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
My2016 Kadjar CarPlay.

18 months ago I had an official V7 install that didn’t go to well.
The installation, in its infancy, 1% failed leaving the headunit non operational.
There are two versions of headunit, and several variants of this, according to the part numbers which I believe is the loaded software for variants of car/model.
I chose to go down the official route with the intent to somehow get CarPlay working believing it was a power problem.
So under warranty, the headunits that didn’t take the new software version were replaced by Renault.
Eventually after a Worldwide shortage my headunit was replaced. I reconfigured some settings and left it, I was without a radio for 8 weeks and 5 trips to the dealer for them to report back to Rfrance, I was just glad to have music again.
I knew the risks, it was the dealers first attempt, the Clip diagnostics update arrived while I was there, that’s how new it was.
With the headunit changed, I basically left it a year not really interested in trying anything and also too busy at work until lockdown.
It is well know, how to activate AA and ACP, developers mode or Ddt4all from information around the web.
I knew Android auto worked, I tried my works phone, plugged in and tested, but I’m an Iphone user.
When plugged in, the Rlink2 recognises the iPhone and lists it in the ‘phone’ device list, but connects then disconnects not running car play this was believed to be a power problem.
I had seen a video quite a while ago, again now popular content on YouTube, of a talisman and the newer replacement USB port working, there’s not a lot of info on this.
A forum member offered to send a USB port to me to try, needless to say it didn’t come, so I sourced the part myself.
My local breakers yard which is a national company advertise Kadjar damaged breakers. I ordered a USB port from them from a 2020 model, needless to say it wouldn’t work, not even power up, at first I was thinking it was a miss match error and was disappointed until I found out the car had been in a river!
The supplier searched all the Kadjars they had, all of them water damaged, well all 2.
I turned to eBay found a supplier with a 19 plate Kadjar breaker, asked some questions ordered and the part arrived 3 days later which was fitted, the video shows the fitting process and was the initial installation. Its clipped in so attempting to remove it without taking the top of the console out would result in damage.
Conclusion, I’ve held back going with this as there are still questions unanswered, I have been trying!
What I do know is the USB block was all that I needed to do to make this work. Getting one proved difficult, they are either water damaged or from early models.
The question I can not answer is this, is my headunit different to the original unit, ie a newer model. It’s always been believed, it is like for like replacement.
The only way to find this out is for the ports to be put in to a car with the original head unit that has had the version 7 update. I can’t guarantee it will work on a different head unit but this is how we find out. The port will just plug in, I did a soft reboot and I probably didn’t need to.

The USB port, part number, I used is
280239665R, picture along with the water damaged first attempt.
This was from a 2019 Kadjar damaged car on eBay.

Video will be posted on YouTube ASAP link to be posted.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: michael.tsai, PatWar, Karl

Last edit: by darenh.

Re:Apple CarPlay 3 years 7 months ago #12

• Papasmurf
  • Thank you received: 0
I used developer mode and Apple CarPlay working great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kadjar 18 1.5 signature s bose

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds