TOPIC:

Update Fails 5 years 1 month ago #1

• Solo
  • Solo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Had the vehicle over a year and first time an update has failed
My current software release is 3.3.16.941
On the RLink website it’s showing two updates available
Map of Europe V2017.12 (which is showing as I have already installed it back in 2018)
R-Link System 3.3.16.960

Despite clearing the usd device I still get two errors
One says it’s impossible to download
The latest one says “ It is not possible to install a former software version, current software version is kept “

Any ideas , should I download the map of Europe again could it need this as well ?
1.6 DCI 130 Signature Nav 4WD
Titanium Grey
Parking pack premium
Side Steps
Retractable Tow Bar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Solo.

Re:Update Fails 5 years 1 month ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
For the software update, the USB should be formated in FAT32. Check this first.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Update Fails 4 years 8 months ago #3

• K8ty
  • Thank you received: 0
Ive had the same issue - my USB is the correct one (formatted in FAT32) as it has been used to update with no problems before
Did you sort this in the end (@Solo) - if so HOW

Update Fails 4 years 8 months ago #4

• JohnBridge
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ours is a Sept 2017 1.2 petrol and I did some Updates in May of this year (I've no idea when they came available as the screen-thing in the car isn't of any importance to us, except mainly for playing the radio) There were 2 Updates: Maps & R-LInk. I downloaded them onto the one USB, plugged it into the car and it asked if I wanted to do the Map Update. I chose YES, and everything appeared to work ("Preparation", "Checksum" and "Copying Files") At the end of the process, it asked AGAIN if I wanted to Update the Maps! I chose YES again, and it went through the same routine, with the same outcome - like it was stuck-in-a-loop?
I then guessed it wanted the new R-Link before the New Maps? So, with a fresh car-ready USB, I downloaded just the R-Link Update and plugged it into the car - Nothing happened! I used the Screen to get to the "System" page and THEN it asked if I wanted to update R-Link. I chose YES, and it did it's thing and I now have 3.3.16.980
Starting with a fresh car-ready USB I downloaded the maps and when I plugged it in I was asked if I wanted to Update them. I chose YES, and this time it worked.
We'd used the sat-nav twice, and after the Update it had forgotten our home-address and the 2 places we'd saved. Not a great result from all of that faffing around. My £160 phone updates everything automatically, but a £20,000+ car needs user-intervention and a laptop? Are all car sat-nav & system updates this Primitive?

Re:Update Fails 4 years 8 months ago #5

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Your phone has a 4G connection, but the RLink only GPRS ;) . In the new models (all brands) it's way better, but ours are from the first online connected. First RLink 2s are built in since 2015 and the device have not changed much. After 2020 it's gonna be different story. The new Clios are already receiving the next gen multimedia.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:Update Fails 4 years 8 months ago #6

• terryp
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Solo asked

Had the vehicle over a year and first time an update has failed
My current software release is 3.3.16.941
On the RLink website it’s showing two updates available
Map of Europe V2017.12 (which is showing as I have already installed it back in 2018)
R-Link System 3.3.16.960

Despite clearing the usd device I still get two errors
One says it’s impossible to download
The latest one says “ It is not possible to install a former software version, current software version is kept “

Any ideas , should I download the map of Europe again could it need this as well ?

I recently inserted my USB with 3.3.16.981 on it to replace 3.3.16.961.
At first I got the same message "“ It is not possible to install a former software version, current software version is kept “
So I removed the USB and waited for a few minutes before inserting it again. This time it worked perfectly.

So my advice is..........if at first you don't succeed.......
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds